Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Steam Deck (/forums/showthread.php?t=414086)

Kylenorr 01-23-2023 02:28 PM

Steam Deck

I got P99 working very well on the Steam Deck this week. I set up the input layout in a way where everything is easy to do except for chat. That forced me to set up a few social binds that tell people I'm using a Steam Deck so I can't chat well, and respond with Yes, No, Etc. It is really nice to be able to play p99 from bed/couch/or deck. If anyone is struggling to set up, let me know!

Bizarostormy 01-23-2023 06:00 PM

More info please? How did you get it installed?

Kylenorr 01-23-2023 10:01 PM

1. Go to desktop mode on steam deck.
2. Go to discovery and install warpinator on Deck.
3. On your computer you play p99 on, install winpinator.
4. Run both programs on the same wifi.
5. Transfer your p99 folder to Deck.
6. Add the Launch Titanium bat file as a non-steam game.
7. Right click on launch titanium game in your Steam Deck desktop app, go to compatibility and click "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool."
8. Choose Proton 7.0-5

Then click on launch titanium in libraty, go to cog wheel and under manage game click controller layout. I made Left Joystick do "w" for forward, "s" for back, "q" for left, "e" for right and Right Joystick "Page Up" for forward, "Page Down" for back, "a" for left, and "d" for right.

Next I bound "`" to A for auto attack, "1" to x, "2" to y, "3" to b, "4" to L5, "5" to R4, "6" to R5, and "alt" to L4. I can cast 6 spells and use 6 skills, move, and attack with just those buttons. For sitting, medding, meming spells, etc, I use touch screen... which is jankie for sure. Let me know if you need any help.

Ps. Sometimes when I log in the servers don't show up, sometimes they do. Haven't figured out a fix beyond restarting the deck and trying over and over. If I find a fix, I'll update. This is the only real problem. Other than that it is amazing!

mcoy 01-23-2023 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylenorr (Post 3561605)
Ps. Sometimes when I log in the servers don't show up, sometimes they do.

Search the forums for "middleman deck" and you'll see the steam deck thread that has more details, but here's the login helper:

https://github.com/Zaela/p99-login-middlemand

-Mcoy

Bizarostormy 01-24-2023 09:12 AM

Thank you for the info. Now I can farm bonechips on the couch lol.

Kylenorr 01-24-2023 10:06 AM

No problem Biz, hope it works for you.

Mcoy, thanks for the info. It's weird if I just log in and out and in and out it eventually works too. I'll have to fiddle with the fix you posted once I have time and grad school slows down.

svelto 01-24-2023 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcoy (Post 3561610)
Search the forums for "middleman deck" and you'll see the steam deck thread that has more details, but here's the login helper:

https://github.com/Zaela/p99-login-middlemand

-Mcoy

This is where I'm stuck and haven't dedicated any time to resolving. Any more, Linux anything is a heavy lift for me. I need to sit down and dedicate some time to it.

mcoy 01-24-2023 12:07 PM

Someone posted a compiled build - but I can't seem to find the thread that has it. A quick workaround is to use your cell phone's hotspot - something about the increased latency/loss makes the server list populate. Alternatively, you can just try over and over and it will eventually work. When I moved from having Fios to Starlink it started populating every time on my deck, and since I go from that to my hotspot I never bothered with the middlemand fix.

-Mcoy

mcoy 01-24-2023 12:12 PM

Ah - it's in the original thread by Zaela:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=218666&page=6

And here's the link copied to a thread that will hopefully show in searches for "p99 steam deck middlemand" lol:

https://github.com/rtrajano/p99_login_helper

Good luck!

*edit - i have not tried using this.

-Mcoy

Kylenorr 01-24-2023 02:26 PM

Thanks for all the info folks. I've gotten more p99 in from bed over the last week than I had on my computer for the months prior. If I can figure out how to chat better than with the onscreen keyboard, I may be able to break out chars other than my twinked low levels, hah!