Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Game Mechanics: NPC 'say' distance (/forums/showthread.php?t=100407)

nilbog 03-02-2013 11:55 AM

NPC 'say' distance

I believe npcs on p99 can be 'heard' at a farther distance than they should.

Assuming all npcs have the same distance which their say text is visible, I'd like to know the difference on eqlive or eqmac.

Example: gates of qeynos2. Guard Weleth walks around talking about crates. How far outside the gates should this be noticeable?

Has anyone else noticed npc aggro messages being heard at a farther distance than they should? Hailing, interacting with a vendor, etc.

Low priority, just want to know.

Itap 03-02-2013 12:01 PM

How about PCs? As an example, if Im in EC at tunnel entrance, i can read say messages between PCs from T1. Seems like a pretty far distance. If working as intended, I apologize.

The only example I can think of for NPCs are specs in oasis. When someone runs up and aggros one, i can see the message (Its rangers like you who have ruined our lands!) from a pretty far distance.

nilbog 03-02-2013 12:06 PM

PCs and npcs alike.. may be wrong. My stint on eqemu gave me the impression it's farther than it was on eqlive. Just curious what it should be.

baloen 03-02-2013 12:07 PM

I have no concrete evidence, but I do feel like, when in Highkeep, that even when killing goblins, I see NPC "say" text for way more NPCs on the upper floor than I remember on live.

-Taelara 03-03-2013 07:50 PM

It's definitely further than it was on live. On live the say distance was about half the distance of fog, maybe 75-100. Not sure what the actual number is in the emu code, but it seems to be 30-50% further than it should be.

Nirgon 03-04-2013 12:37 PM

They need a slightly longer time frame for multiple /say acceptance on a scripted quest.

Try out Lenka Stoutheart line or Squire Fuzzmin on wurm slayer. You gotta either be a boss typer like Dr. Nirgon or have it ready on the shift+up.

But yeah probs on OP.

maximum 04-07-2013 03:42 PM

Wasn't the /say distance equal to the death ("slain by") message distance?

nilbog 08-08-2013 01:39 PM

This was fixed with the last patch.

Moving to resolved.