Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Breakfast I (/forums/showthread.php?t=288326)

skarlorn 01-07-2018 10:39 PM

Breakfast I

https://i.imgur.com/bYkdqZP.jpg

Filbus Furyfoot was a halfling with many names. He didn't brag, but he was called the Protector of Rivervale, the Lord of the Thicket. He had given up his estates to found Rivervale City and allowed free elections to install Mayor Gubbin. But as wonderful as his pedigree, Filbus found greater joy in his breakfast that morning.

Filbus ate an entire steak and a potato scrambled in eggs and duck fat, then he patted Yola on the rump. He belched. Four pots of tea, a cup of jumjuice, a buttercream tasty, and a breath mint later, he finally turned to look at the Leatherfoot Army plan of attack.

Filbus stifled a yawn. He turned from the map and made series of underhanded and stinging remarks towards Yola until she left the room.

"I'm just abusing her because we have Conquered Neriak, and I have slain the Dragons, conquered the Commonlands, and there is not much more for me to do really; Llandris swore his life to Rivervale and there is not much more you can ask for than a Deathtouching Hobbit. So it is okay that I am abusive to her right now," thought Filbus.

It was true. He was bored. He was the Protector of the Vale, but it no longer needed protecting.

And if he sat around idly much longer, he would either get heavy into the Jum or kill someone with his bare hands.

Then, the nightmares would begin.

Filbus sat at the table, his breakfast suddenly mud in the pit of his rotund belly. He sat there in silence, fearing the peace... fearing that the screams would return. The last thing Filbus saw was the nice little egg spoon Yola had laid out for him that morning.

That was when the Gnomish explosives detonated in his hobbit hole.

Muggens 01-08-2018 12:54 AM

Oooooh!

Lulz~Sect 01-08-2018 01:35 AM

I stopped reading after the well drawn crude map

Kudos

Canelek 01-08-2018 02:07 AM

Love it!

d3r14k 01-08-2018 09:47 AM

WHAT HAPPENED NEXT!? Don't leave us hanging. Are Filbus' treasures still safe in the vault? Is Yola OK? Are there any more steak and potatos left for the wood elves!? We spend a lot of time in Rivervale too, you know.

Lhancelot 01-08-2018 11:33 AM

Is Hobbithole his butt or mouth? I need to know this detail to draw a better conclusion as to what happened please elaborate on this.

Plus, Filbus needs to work on his spelling, it is "sheriff" not "sherrif" ffs. Dumb halfling needs to do more reading and less pillaging/raping/torturing/killing.

He's a nasty little halfling whatever happened he deserves it and more tbh. (Hoping Yola stuffed his food with explosives that morning blowing his guts all over RV.)

**Nice map. I like the simple patrol area with four arrows lol.

Raavak 01-08-2018 12:32 PM

I hope Filbus didn't die after hitting <ENTER>.

I'm sure the East Commonlands Tunnel Mafia is responsible, because if a leatherfoot sherrif patrols there they cannot continue to make their business.

d3r14k 01-08-2018 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhancelot (Post 2635002)
He's a nasty little halfling whatever happened he deserves it and more tbh. (Hoping Yola stuffed his food with explosives that morning blowing his guts all over RV.)

Videri 01-08-2018 01:49 PM

I find it hard to love a character who mistreats someone close to him. Just me.

Not a matter of opinion, however: Misty Thicket is west of Rivervale, Runnyeye is west of the Thicket, and the Gorge is west of Runnyeye.

maskedmelon 01-08-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 2635126)
I find it hard to love a character who mistreats someone close to him. Just me.

Not a matter of opinion, however: Misty Thicket is west of Rivervale, Runnyeye is west of the Thicket, and the Gorge is west of Runnyeye.

he's just frustrated. he's a warrior, you know, and one of zek at that. fight in' is in his spirit and he ain't suited to sittin idly. i spose it is worrying though. i mean, neither food nor flesh can quench a thirst for blood :c