Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Green - Druid Raid Role (/forums/showthread.php?t=338397)

BruceMillis 10-28-2019 10:26 AM

Green - Druid Raid Role

Hello! Complete and total noob here. I leveled a Cleric in Blue to around 50~ thats about it.

I am currently leveling a Druid on Green and can't seem to find a good Druid Classic Raid Guide out there. Anyone knowledgeable on the specifics of Druids in Classic raids out there?

Thanks for your time!
Bruce

Jimjam 10-28-2019 11:15 AM

Basically bind in overthere and port people close to raid target. Buff casters with potG. Harmony Sontalak to allow kos into Temple of Veeshan. Pet track for spawns. SoW FTE racers. Buff groups with resist circles. Spot heal dps to survive AoE. Spam heal tanks during slow chain switches. Ds the tank in absence of a mage. Kite adds. Charm animal pet dps. Assist dps during burn stages.

Never played a druid at a raid, but these are things i've seen them do.

Edit: forgot the biggest one: complain you have nothing to do on raids.

Baler 10-28-2019 11:17 AM

Jimjam has this thread covered.

Came to post half of what they mentioned.

BruceMillis 10-28-2019 11:33 AM

Thanks Jim! I will top the complaint meters with your guidance.

tylidian 10-28-2019 01:06 PM

Is everyone ignoring that he asked for a "classic" raid guide for Druids? That means no POTG, Sontalak, no TOV, no Pet Track, no Circles, etc. Yikes...

Jimjam 10-28-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylidian (Post 3004125)
Is everyone ignoring that he asked for a "classic" raid guide for Druids? That means no POTG, Sontalak, no TOV, no Pet Track, no Circles, etc. Yikes...

When answering a question in a public forum you aren't just addressing the person who started the thread, but a mix of readers. As such my answer includes a broad definition of classic going from release to Velious to be as inclusive as possible.

Op seemed rather pleased my answer covered the life of a p99 server.

Hope this helps you in the future.

Edit: don't forget pet track works in SoldungB, Permafrost and Kedge thanks to charm. Druids have single target buffs to use before they receive group versions. Thank you for helping me refine my answer.

tylidian 10-28-2019 02:16 PM

Wasn't trying to be a jerk. Although, after rereading it kind of sounds like I was... Apologies for that Jimjam!

As far as OP, Druid raid roles are likely to be primarily transportation and spot-heals in classic.

Jimjam 10-28-2019 08:57 PM

Thats okay, you raised a good point and created an opportunity for me to refine my answer.

Tuljin 11-04-2019 06:28 PM

On Green? Charm a rat, gorilla, or Pegasus depending on the zone and KS the "rAiD"

Plenty to do with a druid if you're not simply "pLaYiNg a dRuiD"

slayer69 11-07-2019 02:00 PM

Add two more to what Jimjam said;

1. Port out people who fall asleep during the raid
2. Port out people after the raid