Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   So, i cant play because of the dsetup.dll (/forums/showthread.php?t=336164)

Vidar 10-13-2019 04:56 PM

So, i cant play because of the dsetup.dll

Hey guys,

So ive been playing p99 since 2010 so im not new to the setting it up and all that. But right now im having a problem and i dont know how to fix it. When i do the set up without the current spell files i can get all the way to character creation. When i update the spell file i get to character creation but there is a box saying that my dsetup.dll file is not a titanium file. Im using the same titanium eq version ive used since 2010. Any idea how to fix this? From what i can tell the dsetup.dll isnt being flagged right now. it isnt quarantined. so im not sure what to do. any ideas?

Llandris 10-13-2019 06:29 PM

Using windows 10? It may be removing the dll automatically. You need to make an exception for it via settings.

Wenai 10-13-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llandris (Post 2983792)
Using windows 10? It may be removing the dll automatically. You need to make an exception for it via settings.

Yes. I had an issue where windows defender was automatically putting that file in quarantine. I would explore this.

fitbjj 10-13-2019 06:49 PM

i just fixed that by removing that .dll file and just copy/paste that .dll from the original zip into the folder again. but now im getting that "your client files are out of date..." on char screen that others are getting.

Vidar 10-13-2019 08:38 PM

ok, thanks guys

Vidar 10-13-2019 09:02 PM

oK, So ive been playing with it more trying to get it to work.

When i log into green i get the dsetup.dll message saying it isnt a titanium file, But when i log into blue i can get to character selection screen with all my characters, but when i try to log in the game crashes. I have tried it with windowed mode and full screen mode. Any thoughts?

P.S. I turned off virus protection on windows defender when i reinstalled eq titanium. So hopefully the dsetup file is not the issue but i dont know

zaneosak 10-13-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidar (Post 2983933)
oK, So ive been playing with it more trying to get it to work.

When i log into green i get the dsetup.dll message saying it isnt a titanium file, But when i log into blue i can get to character selection screen with all my characters, but when i try to log in the game crashes. I have tried it with windowed mode and full screen mode. Any thoughts?

P.S. I turned off virus protection on windows defender when i reinstalled eq titanium. So hopefully the dsetup file is not the issue but i dont know

You're using the new patch files letter E not D right? My friend had that problem, he thought he downloaded newest patch from where it says "newest patch" when really he had to go into the beta post and get Letter E.

Vidar 10-13-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaneosak (Post 2983957)
You're using the new patch files letter E not D right? My friend had that problem, he thought he downloaded newest patch from where it says "newest patch" when really he had to go into the beta post and get Letter E.

I think you are on to something. the spell file i am using is the 'd' file. not 'e'. ill use the e spell file and see how it goes.

Quinas 10-14-2019 01:44 AM

winRAR wouldn't let me dump DLL straight into my EQ folder. Had to drop to desktop and copy manually.

Vidar 10-14-2019 02:09 PM

Thanks for the Help guys. Finally got it working.