Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Running EQ under LINUX (/forums/showthread.php?t=14125)

Whirlwind 09-26-2010 08:09 PM

Tried getting sources and compiling them myself and then tried with the precompiled version you uploaded with no luck at all... still missing the models :S any ideas? im using ubuntu 10.04

Zallarenya 09-28-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whirlwind (Post 149490)
Tried getting sources and compiling them myself and then tried with the precompiled version you uploaded with no luck at all... still missing the models :S any ideas? im using ubuntu 10.04

Missing models is the problem that modifying the source (the pCaps->MaxVertexBlendMatrices=0x4; line) and compiling fixes. My first guess is that you have an ancient (or low-end) video card that doesn't support 4 Vertex Blend Matrices. GeForce 6000 series and up should be fine. ATI cards don't work particularly well, either.

limit 09-28-2010 03:25 PM

this looks alot like the guide i wrote a couple of years ago except that included mq2 instructions too ;)

anyways! i've compiled a version of wine as a ".deb" binary package so people do not have to figure out how to compile wine on their own. this package includes the bug fix for character models and ALSO includes a bug fix for the mouse getting stuck in the center of the screen or mouselooking not working past the bounds of the screen. (this does cause another bug though where mouse clicks might "click" through to your other window of eq if you are running multiple windows of eq... negligible if you do not stack your windows on top of eachother)

if you want it pm me, or if you want to host the file, its about 16mbs!

President 10-04-2010 07:59 PM

Compiled following these steps and no luck with models. Have an 8800 GTS I believe.

Also with both version my EQ crashes when trying to login on a gnome. I can click every other race fine, but when I select my gnome character it freezes. I just tried to create a gnome, and as soon as I selected the gnome as race it crashed.

President 10-04-2010 08:55 PM

Just had the same type of crash selecting dark elf under char creation... hmm

President 10-04-2010 09:00 PM

Well.. I just turned all of these to false in my eqclient.ini... I can now see models and get on my necro.

VertexShaders
20PixelShaders
14PixelShaders
1xPixelShaders
UseLitBatches
UseD3DTextureCompression
MipMapping
ShowDynamicLights

Not sure which one did it.. but im happy atm

Blancah 10-13-2010 10:19 PM

Thanks a lot for this. Also thanks President for the model fix. I got my models working after doing the same thing. (BTW It's not MipMapping or ShowDynamicLights that's stopping the models)

Japan 10-16-2010 02:18 PM

Now that it only takes 6 hours to set up EQ and WINE with this succinct 6-page guide, this could really be the year of the linux desktop

Humerox 10-20-2010 05:54 PM

Hell, yes! Thanks...I'm fed up with Widows too, and am using Ubuntu.

:D

Weizen 11-05-2010 02:39 AM

ok tried to compile myself and everything looks good until I get to
[CC="ccache gcc" LDFLAGS="-L./lib32" ./configure -v] and I get [bash: ./configure: No such file or directory]