Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   No Sound or Music (/forums/showthread.php?t=335544)

TheEidolon 10-06-2019 06:26 PM

No Sound or Music

As of this morning I have been unable to hear any sound or music from the game. I double checked the Options both in the Main Menu and in the OptionsEditor.exe, I double checked that Sound=True in the eqclinent.ini, I restarted multiple times, I tried a fresh install, and I made sure my drivers were up to date all to no avail.

When I open the Volume Mixer for Windows, I see the game as "Name Not Available" and the green bar is moving up and down like there should be sound playing, but nothing comes out of the speakers.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and come up with a fix, or have any idea what could be causing the problem?

Thanks

TheEidolon 10-08-2019 06:07 PM

Update: Tried WinEQ2 now, and still no luck. Out of ideas.

Deathrydar 10-09-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEidolon (Post 2977627)
When I open the Volume Mixer for Windows, I see the game as "Name Not Available" and the green bar is moving up and down like there should be sound playing, but nothing comes out of the speakers.

Which volume mixer are you using? The windows one? Try downloading one that is recommended by the team. I use the one here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=81207

TheEidolon 10-09-2019 06:35 PM

So I was just using the Windows one. I downloaded VirtualMidiSynth. I got some music back while in game, like the general atmosphere music.

No loading screen music and strangely enough no combat music. Sound effects like monster noises, bag opening noises, etc. are still completely absent.

Kruel 10-11-2019 02:05 PM

same issue here. no in game sound. let me know if you figure it out

Deathrydar 10-11-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEidolon (Post 2980129)
So I was just using the Windows one. I downloaded VirtualMidiSynth. I got some music back while in game, like the general atmosphere music.

No loading screen music and strangely enough no combat music. Sound effects like monster noises, bag opening noises, etc. are still completely absent.

Did you add the loading music and combat music to your EQ folder like the set up guide states?

BlackBellamy 10-11-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathrydar (Post 2981749)
Did you DELETE the loading music and combat music FROM your EQ folder like the set up guide states?

ftfy

that shouldnt make a difference if he's not hearing bags opening

Deathrydar 10-11-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBellamy (Post 2981803)
ftfy

that shouldnt make a difference if he's not hearing bags opening

I agree. I am trying to work on one problem at a time my friend!

Kruel 10-11-2019 04:13 PM

Reinstalled and I’m good. OPi recommend reinstalling. I found a video on YouTube that makes installing roughly 10-15 min

https://youtu.be/mj_MMVgJ_Dk

BlackBellamy 10-11-2019 05:34 PM

Pro tip: Once you have a known good install, make a copy of it. Any problems, back up your screenshots and log files and delete everything and copy it over, then apply latest p99 patch and done.