Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Issues since last patch playing on USB (/forums/showthread.php?t=320667)

Fifield 03-23-2019 03:08 PM

Issues since last patch playing on USB

Ever since last patch playing EQ off a USB has been god awful fps. Like about 4fps.

I tried clicking off the adv lighting like someone suggested in a thread not related to USB. it seemed to help a bit but its still awful

I know the read/write speed on usb's are not the best, before the patch i wasnt getting crazy frames but at least it was playable.

Any suggestions? Logs are off.

loramin 03-23-2019 03:26 PM

a USB ...? Like a USB backup power supply, or a USB wi-fi card, or ...?

Fifield 03-23-2019 04:15 PM

USB hard drive stick, 32gb one, all EQ files and folders on the USB, play directly off the USB rather then the internal HD

Servaiout 03-23-2019 04:18 PM

I am having as trouble as well I cant even play got killed 3 times today and nothing I could do about it dying in game because I messed up is one thing dying multiple times by blue animal mobs when you are a ranger is crap and It is not my equipment .
I love the game and hope the fix whatever is wrong soon

Valrok 03-24-2019 03:52 PM

Everquest has constant read / writes to the drive it is installed on. The log file for one example is constantly written to. This is going to very quickly deteriorate the USB drive, also a USB stick =! equivalent to a SSD, they are not the same thing nor function the same.

Long story short, don't play off of a USB stick.

Fifield 03-24-2019 04:25 PM

The USB stick im using still plays other EQ servers just fine, it plays DAOC amazingly, its just P99 since the patch that has the issues.