Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Best noob bard weapon (/forums/showthread.php?t=307737)

Rpeter88 09-26-2018 03:46 PM

Best noob bard weapon

Just started a Bard as my first guy on p99. I've got about 100 platinum to my name. What kind of weapon should I go for?

ScaringChildren 09-26-2018 03:51 PM

Sionachie's Partisan is decent for the price - 100p

Sainy's Claw is also half the price of that.

I'd imagine some people will recommend that you invest in instruments over weapons.

Rpeter88 09-26-2018 03:56 PM

Awesome, thanks!

Rodeojones1979 09-27-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripqozko (Post 2781379)
Store bought instruments , kite to 60 naked, join AM, gear up.

I could not disagree with this more. If you do this you be stunted in a number of ways: skill points, actually playing skill, and experience playing the game. A Bard is not supposed to be rushed. A Bard is supposed to experience as many aspects of the game as possible; various zones, strategies, activities, and song combinations. To be a good bard you have to fulfill the “jack of all trades, master of most” trope. Otherwise you will fill the “plays mana and AFK’s” trope and you’ll be reviled.

A bard is supposed to experience all these things and live to tell the tale. You will be tasked with leading groups, taking charge, making split-second decisions, providing comic relief, and entertaining your group in down time.

Don’t rush this game! In many ways level 60 is the most boring part. Enjoy your time as a lowliest, make lots of friends, and most importantly, make memories to sing about.

As for you initial question, I used a Polished Granite Tomahawk from level 5 - 35! (That was pe Kunark though).

Enjoy!

fastboy21 10-07-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpeter88 (Post 2781356)
Just started a Bard as my first guy on p99. I've got about 100 platinum to my name. What kind of weapon should I go for?

If you are planning on melee'ing then the PGT mentioned above is a very good low price twinky proc weapon.

If you had some plat to burn there are some good lvl 1 proc weps that you could buy that make the low lvls much easier, but they are all much more than 100pp.

It honestly won't matter much though...by the time you could find the weapon you're looking for you could have level'd up and bought more useful stuff. Bard melee dps is horrid, 90% or more of your utility is through your songs which means you need a good drum and lute.

Bard is one of my favorite classes because (aside from some twinking and fashion quest) your effectiveness is really about playing the right way, and not about your gear. Right song line ups, twisting beneficial and detrimental songs, kiting, etc. The difference between good bards and bad bards is all about how they play.

Rpeter88 10-07-2018 09:47 AM

Thank you all for your feedback! I was able to pick up a Sionachie's Partisan as well as Sainy's Claw, both for 120pp.

I just hit level 18, and am going to attempt swarm kiting... maybe! It's a little intimidating! I'm sure there will be a lot of deaths involved, but once I figure it out it should be awesome!

Legidias 10-07-2018 09:54 AM

Start with 1 mob to get spacing right, then move up to like 3-6 so even if you get hit you can live, then go up to 20+

kruptcy 10-08-2018 09:22 AM

If this is your first character, don't swarm. Learn to play so you don't subject the server to another 50+ bard with no idea how to perform his duties. <3

beargryllz 10-08-2018 09:30 AM

Use a drum. Run fast. Play songs.

Tethler 10-09-2018 02:21 AM

Make sure you get a bit of buffer into 18 first. You may die a few times getting into your groove and you don't want to lose access to the 18 dot. It's gonna feel real fun at first once you get it down, then it's gonna feel real boring. My bard has been sitting at level 30 and stripped for 2 years now. =p