Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bard Question (Green Server) (/forums/showthread.php?t=331941)

BUSHBOYS 08-14-2019 10:03 PM

Bard Question (Green Server)

Certainly a lot of information/specifics are still up in the air so a lot of this is purely conjecture....but on launch will/would the number of mobs able to be hit while kiting once again be limited or is this something that eventually gets patched in?

Wallicker 08-14-2019 10:26 PM

25 most likely but good luck finding that many mobs in the karanas with 12 other bards trying to swarm the same spot

Troxx 08-14-2019 11:59 PM

The most fun I had barding was in groups. I wish I had done less aoe kiting from 25-45 (this was before the nerf).

Bards played properly in groups are gods.

Wallicker 08-15-2019 07:47 AM

Bards mana free charm on mobs up to lvl 37 is nothing to scoff at either that will easily Take you to 50 as fast as an enchanter.

BUSHBOYS 08-15-2019 09:01 AM

I have no issue with grouping as I too love that aspect of the game. I play this for that social interaction, not to just solo to end game. That leads me into another question though, whether Bards will be shunned with the xp penalty? Read a lot of people pointing out how hard it is for Hybrids/Bards to get a group (despite our ability to be pretty good in one) and that you will be perma LFG.

I have not charmed on my bard though, so I will look that aspect.

Benanov 08-15-2019 02:13 PM

Bards add so much to a group that they should still get invites from all but the min-max crowd - you know, the kind of people that only duo so that their pet doesn't steal 50% xp.

As opposed to PAL, SHD, MNK...and least of all, the poor RNG.

Legidias 08-15-2019 02:20 PM

People dont utilize fear enough. At the lower levels, bard fear + bard snare (best snare in game) is the best tanking you'll do as mobs die so fast. Even higher levels later, fear is the best 'tank' mechanism with 0 downtime.

Crede 08-15-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legidias (Post 2947930)
People dont utilize fear enough. At the lower levels, bard fear + bard snare (best snare in game) is the best tanking you'll do as mobs die so fast. Even higher levels later, fear is the best 'tank' mechanism with 0 downtime.

Because having to get in pbae range to fear when you’re already mashing a bunch of other songs is annoying.

I wonder if they purposely decided to give bards pbae fear as opposed to a ranged single target one that would have paired amazingly with ranged dots/snare

Legidias 08-16-2019 12:00 AM

Ive never had issues with pbae fear. If you find that the simple action of walking to a mob annoying, you shouldnt really be playing bard anyways...

Tingowingo 08-16-2019 07:58 PM

I think people who pilot bards are true gamers. The intensity of twisting the right songs at the right time is what allows your brain to really engage and get the most out of this game skill-wise. Have yet to play any other classes that provides that other than a soloing enchanter in SG or PoM, but even that doesn’t compare. If your love in games are to maximize your skill - especially in this complacent game - don’t see why playing a bard would ever be annoying