Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What indicates that Harmony has worked successfully. (/forums/showthread.php?t=328144)

Arm_Chair_Hero 06-19-2019 12:44 AM

What indicates that Harmony has worked successfully.

Playing a class w/ Harmony for the first time.

Sometimes i'll find myself using it on a select mob, a tab to the other in the encounter, pull him, and end up pulling the entire encounter.

Where other times I perform the same process, but only the one target is aggro'd.

Is there a way to tell if Harmony has worked as its intended to or not? as far as I can tell theres no "resist" message or any message for that matter, or any type of visible effect..

Also does harmony only work on on target at a time or will it jump to all targets in the encounter? it seems to do so visually.

Tethler 06-19-2019 12:47 AM

Harmony can't fail. It's a small aoe based on your target. Turn on spell effects and see which ones glow when it hits. Cast again to cover additional mobs in a big camp. Should only get adds if they are super close together or run over the top of each other on the pull.

Arm_Chair_Hero 06-19-2019 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tethler (Post 2925859)
Harmony can't fail. It's a small aoe based on your target. Turn on spell effects and see which ones glow when it hits. Cast again to cover additional mobs in a big camp. Should only get adds if they are super close together or run over the top of each other on the pull.

Good to know.

as for spell effects, I have them turned on, but was simply indicating that theres been no different visual effect when an entire encounter has been pulled as opposed to only one target.

Tethler 06-19-2019 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arm_Chair_Hero (Post 2925864)
Good to know.

as for spell effects, I have them turned on, but was simply indicating that theres been no different visual effect when an entire encounter has been pulled as opposed to only one target.

Ahh, I see. It's hard to say the cause without seeing it.

Jimjam 06-19-2019 02:41 AM

Every player or mob which has been hit by the harmony AoE will sparkle blue.

It will hit everything (?) within line of sight and splash range of the target.

It lasts a couple of minutes.

aaezil 06-19-2019 03:32 AM

It reduces aggro range but doesnt eliminate it completely

Mentathiel 06-19-2019 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaezil (Post 2925882)
It reduces aggro range but doesnt eliminate it completely

^^^ This

If you pull another mob right past your harmonied mob, it will join in. If you pull from the back through a crowd of mobs, you will pick up a train. You still need to pull properly, you just make it easier to single-pull.

elwing 06-19-2019 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentathiel (Post 2925892)
^^^ This

If you pull another mob right past your harmonied mob, it will join in. If you pull from the back through a crowd of mobs, you will pick up a train. You still need to pull properly, you just make it easier to single-pull.

Also, that's particularly true for pom as example, since mobs can stack in some event, like blam stick... If you have stacked mobs harmo won't work

eezl 06-19-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elwing (Post 2925893)
Also, that's particularly true for pom as example, since mobs can stack in some event, like blam stick... If you have stacked mobs harmo won't work

True. It can still be helpful for stacked mob pulls, when a monk FD's them you dont need much room to agro one without social.

Erati 06-19-2019 08:36 PM

as long as nothing touches the character model of the harmony'd npc, then it will not aggro socially

this includes a player walking by it or a npc being dragged past it - either of those touch the harmony'd npc it will aggro