Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Weapon delay resets (/forums/showthread.php?t=263920)

koros 01-26-2017 11:02 AM

Weapon delay resets

I'll collect some more information on this but I'm pretty sure the monk 2hb/epic swapping trick should not work at all. Any weapon switch should trigger a reset of the delay timer. Additionally, delays are getting reset through casts, this should only apply to hybrids, and then only past the January 9, 2001 patch. The "wait a full attack delay before they would attack via melee again" should apply to all other classes.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2001-1.html

------------------------------
January 9, 2001 3:00 am
------------------------------

- Melee attack timers will no longer be reset when a SK, Paladin, or
Ranger cast a spell. Previously these classes had to wait a full attack
delay after casting before they would attack via melee again.

I'll do some more research but I wanted to post this in case anyone wanted to agree/disagree with my memory on this.

Raev 01-26-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koros
- Melee attack timers will no longer be reset when a SK, Paladin, or
Ranger cast a spell. Previously these classes had to wait a full attack
delay after casting before they would attack via melee again.

So hybrids couldn't cast in between swings in classic and kunark? That's brutal

koros 01-26-2017 03:06 PM

Yup, they were brutalized. This change would also hurt pure melees using instaclicks for all time periods tho.

Dolalin 10-15-2019 04:41 PM

Bump for green, weapon delays aren't being reset for any classes after a spell cast. This isn't classic. Only hybrids should get this benefit and only at the proper point in the timeline.

Caster DPS is about doubled in the newbie yards because of this bug.

Danth 10-15-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raev (Post 2453321)
So hybrids couldn't cast in between swings in classic and kunark? That's brutal

I just turned off attack, cast spell, then turned attack back on. That bypassed the entire mechanic. Anyone could do that.

Also, implementation was a little wonky and casting really fast spells between swings wouldn't necessarily delay the melee if the spell finished before the next melee swing took place. Probably a case of lazy implementation moreso than intent (I suspect it only checked for in-progress cast at the start of a melee round) but that was the case with a lot of things in the game.

Danth

Tecmos Deception 10-29-2019 03:13 AM

Bump.

Melee swing timers are not reset on green for my shaman by casting spells. Please nerf me baby.

Nirgon 10-29-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception (Post 3004938)
Bump.

Melee swing timers are not reset on green for my shaman by casting spells. Please nerf me daddy.

Fixed

Gatorsmash + frost nuke op