Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hey Guise (/forums/showthread.php?t=324012)

LoricL1222 07-01-2019 05:32 PM

They have to prevent people playing both green and red at the same time

it will ruin the new server

sounion 07-02-2019 02:04 PM

Cool! Thanks rogean

Asher 07-02-2019 10:15 PM

Threeish months left. Any idea when we might get more information so we can start planning vacation time? :D

philanthropy 07-12-2019 04:10 PM

CYA GUYS IN OCTOBER LADS

GCN 07-12-2019 07:06 PM

reading all this is kind of making me sad... i just discovered that P99 exists. I played 99-2004 and would have come to p99 in the beginning if I knew about it. I've just updated my computer and procured Titanium discs so i can play. 2 1/2 mo from Green coming out, what am i doing creating a character on Blue? why wait for green? Are Green and Blue really going to merge, or is Green going to be independent killing Blue/Red population? If i recreate my Ogre Shaman on Blue, while i wait and then again on Green, what happens if they do merge? Are there hold outs that are not going to play Green? Will those people be bullies or desparte for community?

As someone who has not yet returned to Everquest, on the outside, this looks like an Emulator Killer. & bums me out.

i might just have to read a book.

loramin 07-12-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCN (Post 2935466)
reading all this is kind of making me sad... i just discovered that P99 exists. I played 99-2004 and would have come to p99 in the beginning if I knew about it. I've just updated my computer and procured Titanium discs so i can play. 2 1/2 mo from Green coming out, what am i doing creating a character on Blue? why wait for green? Are Green and Blue really going to merge, or is Green going to be independent killing Blue/Red population? If i recreate my Ogre Shaman on Blue, while i wait and then again on Green, what happens if they do merge? Are there hold outs that are not going to play Green? Will those people be bullies or desparte for community?

As someone who has not yet returned to Everquest, on the outside, this looks like an Emulator Killer. & bums me out.

No one except the staff knows for sure whether the two servers will ever merge. However, whether you pick Blue or Green or both, there will be plenty of people (and not just "bullies" ;)) to play with on both servers.

aaezil 07-12-2019 09:04 PM

You probably wont get whatever camp you remember being bullied out of on green or blue either unless you quit your job and grow a little hair on your neck

Tethler 07-12-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Blue isn't gonna die until either they shut the server down or everyone playing literally dies. People have too much time invested in blue. Even if they play green, they'll play blue when they want their Kunark/Velious fix. With no expansions, the world is gonna feel pretty small.

caveslug 07-13-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

or is Green going to be independent killing Blue/Red population?

Not sure you could kill Red, as it died years ago.

And I would argue Green will help Blue by lowering the population some, would be nice not seeing all the camps being poop socked.

After a week of Green I'm sure a lot of people will come back to Blue, because Green will be so crowded and ever lone mob being called a camp.

Dru 07-15-2019 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartbrand (Post 2901971)
Wait what? I said I’m not interested in a non pvp server, I.e blue. I’d play a blue progression server that went through new content like Luclin or PoP, but I have no nostalgia for camping the same guise, manastone, lustrous russet, VP keys etc., al over again. With pvp it gave another dimension to the game. Not hating on those who enjoy it I’m sure the drama will be great, I just feel like once you experienced pvp you can’t go back to blue.

Happy to see new stuff coming to this project though as Everquest will always have a special place in my heart, as will this project, so cheers to Rogean and staff for this.

I second this. Mostly the.. trying to go back to blue part.