Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Quick question on camps - HHK specifically (/forums/showthread.php?t=6004)

Amareck 04-18-2010 08:16 AM

Quick question on camps - HHK specifically

I'm after a bit of clarification here guys.

Situation:

1) A group is holding the HHK basement and killing all of the spawns for quite some time.

2) A player comes in and simply claims ONE of those rooms, within the "HHK basement" camp.

What's the story? I know the official position on these forums explains "camps" quite nicely, but afaik, this situation involves someone claiming a "room" (which is part of the HHK basement) as a "camp".

So my question: can someone simply claim that "Room X is its own camp and its mine"?

-------------------------------
Post edit - further info
-------------------------------

We had the entirety of HHK basement camped and controlled. This particular player rolled into a room inside our camp (HHK Basement) and claimed it as his own. We told him it was camped, he cited these forums. We told him that the rules here refer to "camps" not "rooms" - he stayed in there. We advised him we'd proceed as if he wasn't there.

A mob in that room spawned. This player engaged it and we did as promised - proceeded as if he were not there. We subsequently killed the mob. The player then stated he'd be screenshotting, reporting and posting here regarding the incident.

Starklen 04-18-2010 08:21 AM

In my experience, the existing group always loses their collective shit if you try to camp any specific room in the basement if they were already there. I'd throw out your notion of what HHK used to be like and stick to the new norm.

Kinamur1999 04-18-2010 09:03 AM

I've run into this exact scenario many many many times leveling up in every zone. Grinding in an area for hours just to have a group move right next to you and start clearing.

Against the rules? No, not at all. Asshole thing to do? In my opinion, yes.

It's just how the rules are written, If your not in a camp you can't claim it so even if your clearing the entire HHK basement which is about enough mobs for 1 full group any person or group can move into that sideroom with 2 spawns and claim that as theirs, or they can sit in the bottom room or main room.

If you arn't sitting at the spawn point, you arn't camping it.

Jokesteve 04-18-2010 09:10 AM

You had the entire basement, and your bitching about 3 mobs?

Not to flame, but get real. If your not sitting on the spawn, your not camping it.

Furthermore I'm unsure on KS'ing rules here - but on live if you engaged a mob that someone else was already hitting that is against the rules.

What a prick :rolleyes:

mitic 04-18-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokesteve (Post 48488)
You had the entire basement, and your bitching about 3 mobs?

Not to flame, but get real. If your not sitting on the spawn, your not camping it.

Furthermore I'm unsure on KS'ing rules here - but on live if you engaged a mob that someone else was already hitting that is against the rules.

What a prick :rolleyes:

its not like there are 30 mobs down there. should be one camp imo, especialy if those mobs are blue already

Jokesteve 04-18-2010 09:17 AM

Can't be one camp unless your entire group is solo'ing each spot.

If mobs are up and your not there to kill them you don't own them.

In classic days I never seen a group try to claim the whole thing. You would be laughed at on Tholuxe for this.

Humerox 04-18-2010 09:19 AM

Heck...on the server I started with the basement was FOUR camps.

1) The room on the right as you entered basement...lowest level mobs.

2) The basement proper. Group would sit on ledge and pull all mobs in the main basement level. The mobs at top of stairs were part of this camp.

3) Warrior room. Included the mobs at the bottom of the stairs.

4) Raider room.

Amareck 04-18-2010 09:23 AM

I totally agree with Humerox - on live 'back in the day', it was 4 camps. But I've never seen more than ONE group in HHK on p99. That's the core of the question - not about KS/Camp rules - we all know those... The question is whether HHK basement is now considered one camp or whether its "main room", "RR", "WR" and "LO".

Kinamur1999 04-18-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amareck (Post 48496)
The question is whether HHK basement is now considered one camp or whether its "main room", "RR", "WR" and "LO".

Every spawn is going to be its own camp, soon youll see entire groups sitting at each spawn in hhk yelling back and forth about ksing and camp rules.

Jokesteve 04-18-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

That's the core of the question - not about KS/Camp rules - we all know those...
Apparently not since you KS'ed the the guy in that room.