Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Quick question on camps - HHK specifically (/forums/showthread.php?t=6004)

Kinamur1999 04-18-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitic (Post 48514)
real men lvl in unrest or mistmoore midlvls kinamur...let them keep their drama in hk

Unrest is where I live son! but it happens there too.

Doing basement and having someone run by and kill the ghost dwarf because you weren't sitting in his room.

The "canyon" camp in mistmoore. Never heard about this until P99, when zi and gy groups are full and there aren't enough mobs for a 3rd group why not setup right between the first 2 call it a camp and start taking their mobs. It's genius really.

Zordana 04-18-2010 01:19 PM

without reading all this crap givin me a headache:

on live we had it like this: the basement was divided in 4 camps.. the lookout room (the one with 2 (used to be 3) spawns) the guard room (main room) the warrior room and the raider room..
if thers 1 group, they can claim all 4 camps of course.. if a second group is comming, the first group can decide which camp they wanna claim - mostly if there were 2 groups, we just split 2 camps for group1, 2 camps for group 2.. etc
in my opinion you may only claim 1 camp and if another group is comming, SHARE and dont bitch around like "oh my god hes killing one of 20 mobs every spawn.. lets train him!!" i mean srsly guys.. pull your head out of your asses and be polite..

Speed 04-18-2010 02:21 PM

You did KS me, I did state the rules, I still have the SS of the conversation during of which the room empty half way through the conversation one of your members coming in and then as a mob pops the "start" of the KSing happens. I was polite, and now you've been told by other members of the community that understand the rules stated by the admin. I am just waiting for an admin now to clarify so I can kindly shove back in your face.

Jete 04-18-2010 05:50 PM

At least you're taking the peaceful route...

musufasa 04-18-2010 06:21 PM

Speeds in the right, thread closed.

Amareck 04-18-2010 08:14 PM

Speed - if a GM responds to the effect that you are in the right, then I will be apologising for taking A SINGLE mob from you. Do what you want thereafter mate.

As to Speed's comments in another thread, there have probably been around 4 - 5 times where your group has been in HHK (/who all highkeep = 4-6 folks) and you've been /ooc'ing for reps - we've left you alone to your entire basement camp - out of courtesy.

This isn't about KS'ing or anything like that - we sincerely believed that HHK basement was a single camp on this server and we respected that when other groups were there. Then to have you roll up after we've left you to your camp for days on end? It felt a bit rude. BUT - if that's the way it is, nps at all and please accept my apologies in advance IF that's the case.

Yes Speed, you did quote the rules - but the rules refer to CAMPS, not ROOMS. We didn't disregard the rules, we disagreed on an honest interpretation of them. We had what we thought was "a camp". You claimed (what we thought) was "a room" inside "our camp". Honest disagreement.

The idea that any given room is a 'single camp' seems a bit odd, IMO. Shin Lord camp is a one room camp with 4 other camps in close proximity? Seems crazy! In most dungeons, that would mean most camps are 3-4 mobs, which seems to lack any common sense at all. But that seems to be the common consensus - if you cannot sit at a mob's feet, or its not a single room, then more than one group can claim it.

If that's the correct interpretation of the rules, so be it and I look forward to sharing 4 mob camps with 20 other groups within 30 feet of each other. Doesn't seem to be in anyone's best interests though eh?

Thanks to all the peeps constructively discussing this - I was warned it would be a complete waste of time.

Kinamur1999 04-18-2010 08:55 PM

Thats the hard rule, If your not at it you can't claim it.

There is a play nice policy but cant be enforced, hopefully if you respect other peoples camps it comes back in turn.

President 04-18-2010 09:12 PM

Speed may have been in the "right" technically according to the rules, but it doesn't mean hes not an asshat.

One group is easily killing a whole area of mobs for XP - You come in and claim that a 3 of them are yours because they aren't sitting on top of them. According to the rules, you may be right, according to anyone with a brain, your an asshat.

The rules were made up to prevent single classes(or even groups) from roaming zones and killing/claiming 2-3-4+ named mobs. Yes, they are able to kill them, but they aren't necessarily at the "camps." This was happening a lot in lower guk when a group/enc/necro could IVU run to a camp kill the named, IVU run to next camp kill the named, IVU run to the next camp kill the named, rinse and repeat over and over.

These rules were not here to prevent ass/sup from pulling the gargoyles around the corner, or prevent a window/royals group in solb from pulling the entrance, or anywhere else where the mobs are XP related. In fact in solb - Window group and Royals group often compete for the entrance mobs spawns which is very similar to the current situation.

Pre-apologizes to the GM's for calling someone who exploits the camp rules an asshat outside of the Rants & Flames forum.

magic 04-18-2010 09:22 PM

^ What he said.

Amareck 04-18-2010 09:56 PM

Righto then.

Speed - please accept my apologies for last night (or whatever time frame it was based on your time zone). I was not deliberately being a dick, simply taking mobs from what I thought was my own camp.

Thanks to everyone else who took the time to discuss the question.