Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Quick question on camps - HHK specifically (/forums/showthread.php?t=6004)

Vondra 12-16-2011 12:31 PM

Technically, it is within the rules to claim a room of one of these larger "camps" by sitting in it and claiming it for yourself. It is within the letter of the law to do so.

In reality, I wouldn't do it, you're going to piss a lot of people off. If a group has control of an area like this, leave it alone and let them have it. General server culture has been working this way for a while now.

For example in Sebilis a crypt group generally will clear the 4 rooms of the crypt as well as the emperor and everything leading to it.

Good rule of thumb: Rather than figuring out exactly how to use the rules to get your way and annoy people with some sort of "BUT THE RULES SAY...." comment in game, just find out what they're killing and then kill something else instead.

Xadion 12-16-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humerox (Post 48495)
Heck...on the server I started with the basement was FOUR camps.

1) The room on the right as you entered basement...lowest level mobs.

2) The basement proper. Group would sit on ledge and pull all mobs in the main basement level. The mobs at top of stairs were part of this camp.

3) Warrior room. Included the mobs at the bottom of the stairs.

4) Raider room.

Thats how it was on veeshan... I dont get how groups loose their shitpants when someone comes in and wants to claim war room or something- its just like lguk when someone is doing lord/am - pick one give other...rules are clear. the ENTIRE HHK Basement imo IS NOT ONE camp.

Lagaidh 12-16-2011 12:57 PM

When folks started in 1999 they knew very little about the zones, and knew less about effective gear. That is now different. Folks get to this server knowing everything about their old favorite zones and they understand what gear they need to be the most effective. This means that the same make up of folks can accomplish a lot more in less time here than back in the day on live.

A full group can hold the basement at an appropriate level. It really is one camp these days.

I'm not addressing anything about KS vs Camp or any of that. I'm just saying that with today's average game knowledge... it's sort of silly to think of the basement as separate camps.

Extunarian 12-16-2011 12:57 PM

HHK basement groups still exist? I thought the low-midlevels were deserted?

Lagaidh 12-16-2011 01:01 PM

I'm just saying that "the way it used to be" doesn't necessarily apply.

For my money, when this sort of crap comes up... I usually just move along and leave whatever "camp" to the person deciding to be a dickhead. Their name goes on my wife's ignore list. No ports for j00! I can always go camp EC.

Now if it's for a rare item / long camp... I'm going to stay and keep trying regardless of any Johnny-Come-Lately's rationalizations as to "deserving".

If I'm there first; I'm going to keep killing.

usedtobejubaloftorv 12-16-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extunarian (Post 495341)
HHK basement groups still exist? I thought the low-midlevels were deserted?

Reporting from about a month or two ago, it was sparsely populated but if you hung out there would often be enough people looking that you could put a group together. Pretty much anyone can do at least a little soloing down there while waiting, if they're the only one, and groups tend to form around who shows up.