Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Do Jade Reavers commonly drop for a CoM Moat group? (/forums/showthread.php?t=415172)

Encroaching Death 02-13-2023 05:42 PM

Do Jade Reavers commonly drop for a CoM Moat group?

Do Jade Reavers commonly drop for a CoM Moat group?

I should know the answer to this as I've probably spent 1,000,000 hours in Moat groups, but it's been awhile.

Do Jade Reavers drop a lot for Moat groups?

Is it just easier to buy a Jade Reaver?

It's easier to just buy one, isn't it.

I knew it.

loramin 02-13-2023 05:46 PM

I haven't been in a Moat group forever, but I don't remember them even doing reavers at all. For one thing, you'd have to have a Rogue to even get through the door, but even with a Rogue I'd think the Reavers would be difficult for an XP group of the appropriate level. And even if they were, they'd take a lot longer to kill than the actual "moat" mobs.

The real way to get a free jade reaver is to join a guild, then go to help every Shaman with their final fight against Rak'Ashiir. You have to clear reavers to get Rak, and typically there aren't a million Druids going to help, so you have decent odds on a random roll, or you only have to bid against a handfull of others (if they're DKP-ed).

Encroaching Death 02-13-2023 05:50 PM

Good idea. Shaman epic fights.

Then again 4k isn't that much.

I bet my life I'll be paying for a VS stone MQ anyway

loramin 02-13-2023 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encroaching Death (Post 3573155)
Good idea. Shaman epic fights.

Then again 4k isn't that much.

I bet my life I'll be paying for a VS stone MQ anyway

Agreed, 4k isn't that much ... but there are a whole lot of other reasons to join a guild. For one thing, as you noted you'll also need the VS piece ... plus you'll need help with Ulump, and of course nobody solos Faydedar at the end.

Since you're going to need a guild to do the epic anyways, it seems a bit wasteful to me to spend plat on something that same guild can give you for "free"*

* Well, for the price of showing up to a handful of final Shaman epic fights. Since getting to those fights is easy as a Druid, they don't take more than an hour, and it likely won't take more than four to get your reaver ... it seems unlikely that you'd be better off buying them, unless you can make 1k+ in an hour.

Tnair 03-24-2023 06:53 PM

No because when you're a good level to xp at the moat, pulling black reavers is dangerous. And you need a rogue with maxed lockpicking and special tools to boot, which is honestly less difficult to find than a random group willing to take that risky pull

Snaggles 03-24-2023 08:57 PM

Yea killing one reaver is probably doable but they can chain spawn…a lot. And unslowable so the tank has to be decent.

I’d probably just pay the 3k and move past that bottleneck. It’s a bargain compared to going to CoM more than necessary.

Videri 03-25-2023 04:08 PM

OP, I wouldn't buy a Jade Reaver.
To answer your question, they don't drop commonly for Moat groups.
They drop uncommonly from Black Reavers, which are one-groupable in the 50+ range and also a sort of introductory level mini-raid target.

If your guild can get a Pulsing Green Stone, your guild can farm Jade Reavers for everyone present. If you aren't part of an outfit that can farm Black Reavers, how will you get a Pulsing Green Stone? I think it will take much less time to join a guild and get a PGS and Jade Reaver than it would to farm all that plat and find sellers.

I wouldn't call the Jade Reaver a bottleneck at all. It's one of the easiest parts of the druid and ranger epics.

Videri 03-25-2023 04:27 PM

It just doesn't make sense to put a lot of time end effort into securing a Jade Reaver (instead of leveling, learning, saving plat, earning DKP perhaps) and then you still can't get the epic because you don't have access to a Pulsing Green Stone, and you're no closer to one.

I try to advise people to get the hardest part of the epic first, before wasting time on the easier parts. I know it feels like making progress, but it's not really if you think about it.

branamil 03-25-2023 05:23 PM

Stop saying you need a rogue, there's like 10 different ways to aggro him through the door. But, it's very, very rare that a group of that level can handle them consistently. Not worth it for the XP.

Snaggles 03-25-2023 11:46 PM

A reaver is 3k and is droppable. A PGS is 15-20k.
I’ve bought both of my reavers. Any guild is capable of farming CoM for them, a solid trio can kill every spawn. It’s a matter of you want to.

I’d rather burn my social equity on stuff that is actually a challenge or financially limiting.