Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Full crustacean armor on a pally a mistake? (/forums/showthread.php?t=416868)

Hailto 03-22-2023 05:14 PM

Full crustacean armor on a pally a mistake?

As title suggests I just moderately twinked my half elf pally. Got crusty armor set some hp rings, fbss etc. My ac/str/sta are now pretty beefy but I have less charisma and mana than an ogre. Will this become a problem? Pally is lvl 12 and will be an exclusively grouped character I do not plan on soloing ever. But I may need to lul pull some I guess ? I'm thinking I won't need to worry about this being an issue for awhile. What are your thoughts fellow pallys?

Jimjam 03-22-2023 05:46 PM

You won’t need charisma early on in that gear. Just churn churn churn :)

Trelaboon 03-22-2023 06:29 PM

Nah, it’s a nice, cheap twink setup early on. Id also argue if you’re wearing mostly Crusty, you’re not out there soloing things that would require you to rely heavily on lull (assuming you changed your mind and did want to solo some). For regular soloing and group content, it’s a great little twink set.

You likely won’t upgrade it until Thurg gear.

jolanar 03-23-2023 07:58 AM

Just keep in mind the negative charisma also effects prices at vendors, and is likely worth taking off when selling/buying items worth a lot of plat.

Toxigen 03-23-2023 01:53 PM

i mean its better than being naked

Videri 03-23-2023 03:16 PM

If you're lulling blues, the cha might not come into play.
First, the game checks level and MR to determine whether the lull is resisted. This is a "yes or no," nothing to do with crit resist.
Only if the cast is resisted does the game check charisma to find out whether it's a critical resist.

So I'd say go for it!

Naethyn 03-23-2023 03:29 PM

It's easy to fall into the the crusty is fashion trap. I know a full set looks nice but only use the pieces that are high STR/STA.

Snaggles 03-24-2023 12:19 AM

A lot of deepwater is pretty cheap. I think back then I mixed that with like giant scalemail, or black ice arms/legs.

Unless you are constantly lulling like 5 blues to pull one (like Unrest basement) or can’t run if things go poorly is having a CHA kit very useful. Lulling to split a double spawn for example is very low stress and quick. If warriors, mages, and shamans can solo without any splitting method even a Crusty pally will do just fine.

wuanahto 03-24-2023 03:42 AM

consider Ry'gorr armor.