Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Shaman-focussed CoM guide (/forums/showthread.php?t=328754)

Quinas 06-26-2019 01:55 AM

Shaman-focussed CoM guide

Hi all

Anyone know of a wiki guide or a relatively comprehensive forum post/guide on Shaman soloing in CoM? I'm level 40, want to grind levels and get epic pages, but have never levelled in CoM.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

loramin 06-26-2019 10:04 AM

I don't know of any off the top of my head, except I think someone wrote one in the forum years ago, specifically for the 2nd floor. EDIT: I couldn't find it, but I think I might have been misremembering, because the Evil Shaman Guide has a section on it at the bottom (but the 2nd level has mobs that are too high level for you right now anyway)

The 2nd floor requires a little trickiness to get to, so that's why someone made a guide for it, but most of the zone is on the first floor and is very straightforward. Walk in, kill some mobs, run to zone line if anything goes wrong. Go deeper as you learn the place. My advice would be to just go try it.

Maybe bring an IVU potion, as it might help getting around, but the mix of undead and non-undead means it's no guarantee of safe passage.

honeybee12874 06-26-2019 10:17 AM

Not really answering your question, but there are a lot of different groups that tend to be XPing in CoM at any given time. You can always /ooc that you are looking for Shaman pages, most groups are happy to alert you when they've got one on a corpse.

I've done a lot of leveling in CoM, but 99.9% of it has been in a group. Pretty easy to find a group to join in CoM and the XP flows pretty easy if you've got a good group.

You may have trouble finding mobs to solo if most of the groups are active, especially during prime time. I definitely have seen people trying to solo, but as far as I know (at least the downstairs area of CoM) is mostly a group zone.

Sorry if this wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helped even a little :)

Quinas 06-27-2019 01:03 AM

Thanks to you both.

I play more in Euro times, but I gather Level 1 is more grouping, and Level 2 is more soloing? But that I won't be able to solo Level 2 until I'm in my mid 40s?

tylidian 06-27-2019 07:25 AM

Level 1 is mostly grouping, and level 2 is mostly soloing, yes. You won't be able to solo level 2 until mid 50s though.

Quinas 06-27-2019 10:02 AM

Righto. I do prefer to solo so I may just stay there until I get enough faction for the epic.

Lildain 06-28-2019 06:13 AM

40-45: stables(only place to get courier) or ent/courtyard
45-50(52): temple or moat

Or group in any level 1 camp

Ostepop 07-09-2019 05:13 PM

Ignore the level 2 stuff, that's meaningless at your level. As someone who actually leveled a shaman in CoM and got max truespirit faction while doing it, I have a few things for you to consider:

-Do you have enough faction to do the CoM step? If not, fix that first. You want those sow boots anyway. Your guild should have enough level 60s to help you with the wolf in MM. If no help can be gotten, repeat soloable steps for sufficient faction.
-All the CoM epic drops are random, apart from the one from stables. That camp is where you want to be at 40. Great solo/duo camp, you're lucky to be in the euro time zone since it's generally less crowded then.
-Since the turn in is a container combine, you can get a full set of pages, combine, and get another set to combine at the quest npc. Saves you some running.

Quinas 07-10-2019 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostepop (Post 2934356)
Ignore the level 2 stuff, that's meaningless at your level. As someone who actually leveled a shaman in CoM and got max truespirit faction while doing it, I have a few things for you to consider:

-Do you have enough faction to do the CoM step? If not, fix that first. You want those sow boots anyway. Your guild should have enough level 60s to help you with the wolf in MM. If no help can be gotten, repeat soloable steps for sufficient faction.
-All the CoM epic drops are random, apart from the one from stables. That camp is where you want to be at 40. Great solo/duo camp, you're lucky to be in the euro time zone since it's generally less crowded then.
-Since the turn in is a container combine, you can get a full set of pages, combine, and get another set to combine at the quest npc. Saves you some running.

Thanks for the reply.

Guildies helped me get the Black Dire step at 40, so was all set. But I struggled to get a group at 40 in CoM so ended up going to yetis in DL for a bit. Did well there over XP boost weekend so I'm nearly 43 now.

My plan is to hit 43 with yetis then go to CoM where I should be more appealing for groups?

Ostepop 07-10-2019 03:47 AM

Depends how long you want to stay 43. I'd either solo or make my own group by finding a melee to duo with, preferably monk.