Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Recent Update (/forums/showthread.php?t=333558)

Uldarre 09-10-2019 10:16 PM

Framerate Lock

Isn't there any way to undo the framerate lock and accomplish what you wanted to accomplish? It has really caused a significant amount of screen tearing with every movement I make. The game was much prettier before this lock. As I understand it, the things you were trying to prevent can still be done. :(

Maelonic 09-10-2019 10:25 PM

humm i dragged and dropped the new files in my game and now it say

eqgame.exe - application error

The application was unable to star correctly (0xc0000022) click ok to close the application

loramin 09-10-2019 10:35 PM

If you've played here over the years you've seen many classic changes. Whenever they happen, people freak out: it's a predictable part of the project.

I've always respected Rogean for ignoring those people, and staying true to his version of "The Vision(tm)". So when I first read this news I was honestly a little disappointed.

But then I read the part about Green not having the pet window, and I realized, this isn't Rogean sacrificing his vision to whiny players! It's just Rogean recognizing the fact that "The Vision(tm)" is Green now.

Blue can be it's own thing, and that thing can be a little "post-classic", both in terms of stuff like pet windows and custom UI, and in terms of future custom content. That's ok, because Green will still give everyone the true classic experience, and Blue still won't have cats on the moon (which R&N detest).

Oh, and one other thought: after saying no to classic whiners for a decade, it takes some balls to reverse such a decision. /salute Rogean

Jibartik 09-10-2019 10:41 PM

Man this is professional behavior for an emu eat your heart out blizzard.

Rimson 09-10-2019 10:52 PM

Reasonable change. Thank you Rogean and team!

Edit: Surefall Glades ports still bugged :(

Berkigstall 09-10-2019 10:53 PM

Still having an EQ game error on Launch Titanium ???

@Rogean

Topgunben 09-10-2019 11:17 PM

Thanks for all you do Rogean and Nilbog. At the end of the day, we all enjoy this server, even if we disagree on some things. I don't have the know how or the determination to do what you have done.

EQChaid 09-10-2019 11:29 PM

One thing I would like to address after the re-implementation of the pet window is the missing green pet health bar in the group window. This was very helpful when an enchanter or some other charming class would charm a pet. The group instantly knew he had a pet by looking at that green bar underneath the pet owner. Will this also be fixed?

Thank you

ReadOnly 09-11-2019 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maelonic (Post 2958859)
humm i dragged and dropped the new files in my game and now it say

eqgame.exe - application error

The application was unable to star correctly (0xc0000022) click ok to close the application

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berkigstall (Post 2958872)
Still having an EQ game error on Launch Titanium ???

@Rogean

Your anti virus is picking up the new dsetup.dll. You'll need to reauthorize it

Maelonic 09-11-2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadOnly (Post 2958907)
Your anti virus is picking up the new dsetup.dll. You'll need to reauthorize it

Nope It was off I un did the move them put them back in there and it was fine