Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate vs JBB (/forums/showthread.php?t=315291)

dbparden 01-18-2019 12:32 PM

Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate vs JBB

I am a level 52 Barbarian Shaman who primarily solos via root / rot. Seldom do I slow, haste, and face tank. I have finally saved enough plat to purchase either a Jaundiced Bone Bracer or a Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate and I don’t know which would be better to have. I am not opposed to changing my play style if it would help me push through these last eight levels faster. Most post I have read seems to indicate going the JBB route but since it took forever to get the plat I wanna make the right decision. Thanks for any advice given!

Rathnir 01-18-2019 01:15 PM

I vote JBB.

Even at 60, Torpor, Epic and Fungi, JBB still has a useful spot in your arsenal. Comparatively, in a solo setting, the JBB also beats the potential DPS increase from Iksar BP.

Only reason I would go Ceremonial is if a lot of your time is duo, trio or groups - the extra hp is extra mana, is more efficient haste, regen, slow etc. for group, and often group DPS negates the usefulness of clicky DPS.

Root/rot solo? JBB all the way. Massive damage increase, and the only risk incurred is negated by being Johnny-on-the-spot with roots.

IncreaseMyKillingPowerEh.jpeg

Legidias 01-18-2019 01:51 PM

Keep in mind you can always sell the item and buy the other one if you want.

They aren't no drop.

Snaggles 01-18-2019 03:07 PM

Soloing in the low 50's is still a breeze with a JBB. My sham is only 53 but I expect it gets tougher (or at least slower) later on so grouping might be a less arduous way to grind exp.

IMHO, buy the JBB now and enjoy a couple/few levels of clicky-boom xp and farming. You might have the money for the ceremonial by the time grouping is more ideal.

dbparden 01-19-2019 10:27 AM

Thanks for the help all! I am going with the JBB

Troxx 01-20-2019 03:00 PM

I'd vote iksar regen bp unless you adore soloing

Shamans over 50 who JBB in groups (not duo) are the worst

MikeXG 01-29-2019 08:21 PM

Does the regen of iksar BP stack with regeneration/chloro?

loramin 01-29-2019 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeXG (Post 2850338)
Does the regen of iksar BP stack with regeneration/chloro?

Indeed it does, as the new wiki Buff Lines page shows :)

Legidias 01-30-2019 09:41 AM

Worn item and Bard song categories are switched in there.

(Yes, I could change it. But, no, I won't cause Im lazy).

The 2 bard songs also stack. I can get about 50 hp/tick regen with just bard song (standing) with PoH lute

MikeXG 01-30-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2850379)
Indeed it does, as the new wiki Buff Lines page shows :)

WOW, you always have the best repossess and resources! thanks @Loramin. This is super helpful!