Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Banned with no explanation (/forums/showthread.php?t=315439)

Logian 01-20-2019 05:33 AM

Banned with no explanation

Hallo,

So this happened to me a day ago, tried to log onto the server, and got a popup stating that the account has been banned.

Now, I have created a petition thread about the issue, so I hope the staff will reply back in due time as to why.

But this got me wondering, have any of you gotten banned / suspended without any reason being given, and were you at any point told as to why ?

If so, please share your story!

Swish2 01-20-2019 07:11 AM

It might just be a suspension, the wording is no different when it comes to the popup.

Do you have an IP exemption on the account? That might have got you into trouble if you've been misusing it (people do).

Had any disputes with other players in the game?

The obvious one, have you RMT'd? (bought plat for $)

Have you given your account details out to "a friend" while inactive? They might have been doing things they shouldn't be.

Those are the main reasons at a glance. When did you last log in before the ban?

Swish2 01-20-2019 07:15 AM

I once had an account suspended for making corpses (maybe 10-12 total) from the West Freeport gate dotted along the pathway to the North Freeport bank with the character "Tryredserver".

Mentioning the red server upsets people to the point of petitioning to complain. However it is something I think everyone should consider doing while they're making extra currency at T1 wondering what to do with themselves.

Troxx 01-20-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish2 (Post 2844499)
Mentioning the red server upsets people to the point of petitioning to complain.

Yeah, because all you've ever done is casually mention the red server :rolleyes:

Clazxiss 01-20-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish2 (Post 2844499)
I once had an account suspended for making corpses (maybe 10-12 total) from the West Freeport gate dotted along the pathway to the North Freeport bank with the character "Tryredserver".

Mentioning the red server upsets people to the point of petitioning to complain. However it is something I think everyone should consider doing while they're making extra currency at T1 wondering what to do with themselves.

It's terrible. I was banned from the forums for 3 or 4 months due to my promotion of red. There's so many unhappy people on blue. I've had trouble understanding why those same people freak out when red is mentioned.

Ravager 01-20-2019 08:52 AM

If you had an obnoxious neighbor that knocked on your door every 2 hours asking you to come over and hang out with him, you'd be annoyed too.

Mead 01-20-2019 09:13 AM

I got perma banned for boxing using an external modem I had at the start of the project. Secrets was off her meds so decided to perma ban

then I was suspended for two weeks for using an ip exempt account I bought with plat to transfer for me (didn't learn my lesson)

most likely there is a good reason you were suspended or perma banned

Logian 01-20-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish2 (Post 2844498)
It might just be a suspension, the wording is no different when it comes to the popup.

Do you have an IP exemption on the account? That might have got you into trouble if you've been misusing it (people do).

Had any disputes with other players in the game?

The obvious one, have you RMT'd? (bought plat for $)

Have you given your account details out to "a friend" while inactive? They might have been doing things they shouldn't be.

Those are the main reasons at a glance. When did you last log in before the ban?

No have not done anything of the above, and was logged in and played fine this friday (euro times)

I guess I just have to wait and see if I get a reply. Just find it a bit odd that it was done without telling me why.

Edit: Good to know the popup is the same tho, might just be a suspension then, guess I will keep trying to log on one a day to see if Its gone or not

ScaringChildren 01-20-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logian (Post 2844521)
No have not done anything of the above, and was logged in and played fine this friday (euro times)

I guess I just have to wait and see if I get a reply. Just find it a bit odd that it was done without telling me why.

Edit: Good to know the popup is the same tho, might just be a suspension then, guess I will keep trying to log on one a day to see if Its gone or not

You might've bought something from an RMTer.

Just petition it.

Veroctyle 01-20-2019 11:58 AM

I had 3 accounts banned many years ago for using MQ. I didn't realize that even a non functional MQ version for P99 would flag the account as using MQ. The MQ version was for EZ server where it was allowed and you are able to box many many accounts/chars at once. I played both servers and left MQ running all the time. So, if you use MQ for another server, it will flag P99 as being used there too even if it doesnt work and MQ errors on login.