Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Quest Issue: Plane of Sky Quest = MQable (/forums/showthread.php?t=151569)

Daldaen 05-20-2014 12:05 PM

Plane of Sky Quest = MQable

I think this is a "devs know it" thing, but I searched the forums quick for Plane of Sky Quests and didn't come up with any posts of the like so here it is:

All Plane of Sky quests should be multi-questable. Currently, none of them are. I'd imagine this has something to do with the time consumption involved in rewriting... 14 x 6 = 84 quests. (Accounting for 6 per class. Exceptions of 7 Mage and SK, and 4 Paladin)

But... It is a classic mechanic:

Quote:

I didn't address quests much here. Most of the quests in Sky are for outdated stuff - you can't even give away MQs to level 46s on. Mostly peeps just don't want that low stat garb. There are a few notable exceptions.
Quote:

I would imagine so, but if you find a ranger who actually has the fine velvet cloak you can guarantee he won't sell you the MQ of it even if you offer 1 million plat. 90% self haste (with epic) is INSANE! Some may laugh, but think about putting a wurmslayer in your primary slot just to check out how fast the wurmy goes and buzzes through the mobs(and throw in that +3 dmg aug from NRo Wayfarer Camp just for kicks).
Quote:

I got it and the Black Silk Cloak today. No Ranger there so I guess I will MQ it for someone...
Quote:

Went to PoS the other night. SPiroc Feathers did NOT drop on the isle. Went to Horsey Isle, keeled KoS and 2 capes dropped. I got one for my epic and guildee grabbed another for MQ. He hurts when he hits.... Dropped 2 capes some Gem, and a rogue only No drop belt with haste on it.
Quote:

The cape is nodrop, the other 2 are tradable. The whole quest can be MQ'd.

Quote:

I looted all 3 items while playing my cleric on a PoA raid. The Diaphonous Globe drops on Isle 3. The Pegasus hide on isle 4. Those 2 are tradeable. The Cloth Belt drops as a very rare off the Spiroc Lord on Isle 5. It is no drop. I ported my SK up to finish the quest later that evening.
Etc.

Erati 05-20-2014 02:12 PM

WTB Small Shield, Azure Ring, Djinni War Blade and Spiroc Air totem MQs pls

Ele 05-20-2014 03:05 PM

I think a couple are MQable, b/c of later fixes. But the rest of them were written pre-kunark so they don't have an MQ script.

Daldaen 05-20-2014 03:15 PM

If I were a better programmer, I'd offer to rewrite these quests for you. I do get sad seeing haste belt pieces rot cause someone was held up at work or whatnot.

But yea I'm guessing that may be the case Ele. Just would be cool if they all were written as such.

Daldaen 05-28-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daldaen (Post 1461240)
I think this is a "devs know it" thing, but I searched the forums quick for Plane of Sky Quests and didn't come up with any posts of the like so here it is

Curious if this is indeed the case. Wondering if a blue, red or purple name might comment!

nilbog 05-28-2014 11:22 AM

Yes, that's the case. It's on a big list of todo.

Many pre-kunark quests are not mqable, yet.

Daldaen 05-28-2014 11:29 AM

Fantastic. Just wanted to see if my recollection was right. Would love to see this changed, but obviously yea... Rewriting 70 quests I can imagine is time consuming.

Man0warr 05-28-2014 02:26 PM

I remember Sky being pretty much a ghost town after Velious launch so the ship may have sailed on making the most use out of MQs.

Still will be some guilds running it I suppose.

Erati 05-28-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man0warr (Post 1471323)
I remember Sky being pretty much a ghost town after Velious launch so the ship may have sailed on making the most use out of MQs.

Still will be some guilds running it I suppose.

plenty of Sky stuff is still worthy come Velious

in fact I dont think many guilds cleared all of Sky that often before Velious

I also remember having to make trips up there during Velious just to get that Wingblade from the SL.....used to be a mini bottleneck

Nirgon 05-28-2014 02:57 PM

Ya that wingblade... reminds of when melee'ing cost stamina.