Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Making plat after seafuries (/forums/showthread.php?t=281602)

Illsiff 09-23-2017 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 2584695)
Sadly there's 100s if not 1000s of cleric epics around these days. <Dial a Rez> never really took off because nobody wants to (or feels like they should have to) pay big for rezzes unless its a real out of the way spot (Kedge, Everfrost, undragged in HS etc).

For the simplicity of the person making the money, there's definitely more to be had playing a druid and porting. Perhaps that's another answer post Seafury-apocolypse?

Wait... wait... you mean to tell me that people are more willing to pay for a guy to cast a spell and then cast another spell to move them... than they are willing to pay for a person to take their time running to a corpse, possibly needing one of the aforementioned spells to get there, and ensuring that ones XP is returned upon arrival?

There are some things I will just never understand.

PS. I tip my porters 25p-50p and my rezes 100p-150p

A_Bomb 09-23-2017 07:46 AM

think I'm just going to try to do a couple of j boots MQs to raise the money for the gear listed in balers post. 2 times doesn't seem too bad.

Alanus 09-23-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 2584559)
I think the thing to point out here is wherever there's plat camps, there's people camping them (unless you play Euro times). Every other seafury farmer probably asked the same question of how to make money.

There's still a few good money camps out there that aren't camped regularly, but I sure as hell am not giving them out

Lhancelot 09-23-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alanus (Post 2584824)
There's still a few good money camps out there that aren't camped regularly, but I sure as hell am not giving them out

Sharing is caring. Don't be greedy Alanus. :(

Lhancelot 09-23-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 2584844)
The point is, if you donate 50pp for under a minute of a druid's time...it doesn't scale for a cleric, there's more work involved for typically less reward.

This is what I was thinking, couldn't put it in words though. ^^^

No cleric is doing rezzes for plats, it simply isn't efficient compared to what a druid could do providing porting services for plats.

I wish I had a cleric with rez stick though, would be fun to run around rezzing people heh. think I work on that someday. My cleric is 41 now. :p

skarlorn 09-23-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 2584695)
Sadly there's 100s if not 1000s of cleric epics around these days. <Dial a Rez> never really took off because nobody wants to (or feels like they should have to) pay big for rezzes unless its a real out of the way spot (Kedge, Everfrost, undragged in HS etc).

For the simplicity of the person making the money, there's definitely more to be had playing a druid and porting. Perhaps that's another answer post Seafury-apocolypse?

Yeah, this is total bogus. People don't tip for rezzes from epic clerics almost EVER. And the amount they will often tip for you to run to them is almost nothing.

This is one of my least favorite things about the culture on this server. And I think it's really unfair to clerics, especially ones who have busted their balls (or banks) to get their Cleric Epic.

In terms of making plat, OP, at 54 your options are going to be mega limited. Guards, as many ppl have suggested, are a good steady stream, but I personally find it depressing to think about grinding at a wage.

The best way to make money on this server is to keep leveling until you're high 50s or 60s and to join a guild. The guild will get you invites to all sorts of groups and events where cash items drop. Like a DN group, for instance. Or killing Ixis. Show up to those and roll and soon enough you'll win a nice item like an Exquisite Velium wep or if super lucky, a CoF. Meanwhile, you've made some friends and experienced different parts of the game.

Good luck to you!

Illsiff 09-23-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 2584844)
Going back a few years but I did a stint on my cleric running to rez people. Famously one time I ran from EC to Lower Guk (clerics dont have invis etc unless potions) as a group had wiped near ass/sup and hadn't dragged.

Dragged them all to the zone line (BR was camped thankfully), rezzed them. They all thanked me and I walked away with less than 30pp. They're leveling etc, they're not going to have big money or maybe even the idea that someone is giving up nearly an hour of their time for pennies...

The point is, if you donate 50pp for under a minute of a druid's time...it doesn't scale for a cleric, there's more work involved for typically less reward. Coeur has always been the good samaritan on the server, not sure if she still does rezzes but its not for the money, it can't be.

Add in how many people in a random leveling group have a pocket cleric epic these days and there you have it...make your money on a druid :p

Well, the last time I had a cleric dungeon crawl with us for a rez I gave a lot more, I agree with what you're saying for sure. I was referring to best case scenario rez and/or port. It's never best case, as we all know. That's my baseline minimum and these broke bums need to come off some coin, sounds like.

PS. This noob is showing all the vets how to make it rain? Psh, the pixel hugging runs deep.

PSS. I can make 150p in less than 10 mins, tip your clerics ffs.

jackd104 09-23-2017 04:28 PM

Lower guk dead side. Lots of nameds. Not too crowded. Undeads. Best of all it's just fun to solo as a Necro (charm technique). There may be more efficient ways to make pp but you can make decent pp, have fun and get a bit of xp while you're at it. Don't just camp one named but ivu and roam all over looking for targets of opportunity.

Briscoe 09-23-2017 05:10 PM

What are the specifics of the seafury nerf? Did they remove the primo items like ruby crowns from the loot table? Or did they just severely reduce the drop rates?

Alanus 09-23-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briscoe (Post 2584925)
What are the specifics of the seafury nerf? Did they remove the primo items like ruby crowns from the loot table? Or did they just severely reduce the drop rates?

Severely nerfed drop rate