Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Worst Group (not raid) Classes? (/forums/showthread.php?t=395041)

eqravenprince 11-22-2021 11:48 AM

Worst Group (not raid) Classes?

Worst Group (not raid) Classes?

eqravenprince 11-22-2021 01:53 PM

Wizard is arguably the worst group class, but I still love them. They are are like an ugly girl, you know they'll do anything to impress/satisfy you.

starkind 11-22-2021 02:19 PM

yet 6 wizards can 1 shot all 1 grp content...

Tunabros 11-22-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3390461)
yet 6 wizards can 1 shot all 1 grp content...

retard alert

Jibartik 11-22-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqravenprince (Post 3390441)
Wizard is arguably the worst group class, but I still love them. They are are like an ugly girl, you know they'll do anything to impress/satisfy you.

oh yea I agree

there is nothing worse in life than waiting at seb ent for a healer to fill the 6th spot and someone in your group goes, my wizard friend is here can they join?

EXP that night is OVER...

starkind 11-22-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunabros (Post 3390463)
retard alert

A few mobs have over 6k hp lol. So fire giants may need two nukes each. So what. That is the edge of group content in classic.

I almost never visited velious because the mobs have too much hp there.

eqravenprince 11-22-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3390489)
A few mobs have over 6k hp lol. So fire giants may need two nukes each. So what.

You're right, 6 wizards could outright kill a mob fast and that is very cool. But almost any group content with tank/healer + 4 sustained dps classes would probably kill 2-4x more mobs over the course of an hour.

eqravenprince 11-22-2021 04:14 PM

I'm always shocked to see Druids voted as one of the worst for group content. I'd argue they are one of the best for a small group and certainly no slouch for a full group. Snare, Heals, Harmony, and Damage Shield alone makes them pretty darn good. Maybe I've spent too much time in the pre 50 game, Druids are definitely better than Shamans cause they have snare and damage shield and same heals, slows maybe 50+ are invaluable in the group game, but pre 50 no chance.

With a Cleric/Tank in the group, classes I'd rather have a Druid before
Wizard
Rogue,
Another Tank,
Monk,
Shaman,
Another Cleric

With a Cleric/Tank in the group, classes I'd take over a Druid
Enchanter
Magician
Necromancer
Bard
Ranger

Danth 11-22-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqravenprince (Post 3390518)
I'm always shocked to see Druids voted as one of the worst for group content.

I'm not. Most folks rate their choices based on a hypothetical perfect group and the druid is at its best as a 6th man in a swing role that sort of future-proofs a group in the event someone else leaves. The druid isn't best at any single job, so it falls in those types of rankings. I like it, though, since if I have a druid in my group I know i still have a burst nuker if the magician leaves, I still have usable crowd control if the enchanter leaves, I still have heals if the cleric leaves, and maybe still a puller (zone dependent) if the monk leaves. Druid is seldom a perfect choice, but it rapidly proves useful when things aren't perfect.

Danth

starkind 11-22-2021 05:04 PM

If you have 6 wizards and can't handle at least 12 mobs, i don't know how to help you :(