Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Consider Project 2002 (/forums/showthread.php?t=195187)

DeathWalking 05-26-2015 10:37 AM

Consider Project 2002

It's pretty great. The client is older so it's actually era appropriate, and the people are exceedingly helpful and friendly. The pop is still kinda low, but it's on the rise.

Now, before you say "wahhh it allows boxing" there are some things you should know. The max number of toons boxed is 3, so theres no full party/raid being controlled by one neckbeard stealing up all the pixels, and automation isnt allowed. Ever seen a small herd of wizards all casting the same spell at the same time? that's automation. 1 key, 1 action, 1 toon. basically youre allowed to use a screen switcher, but nothing more intricate, so players (not software) are playing the other toons. And if you dont want to box, don't box. Only want to dual box? only dual box.

It's super easy to get set up, only took me about 5 minutes to get in-game once i had downloaded the client. no install needed, you just extract the zip to your C drive and run the game.

NOW HERE'S THE REAL GAME CHANGER
No handholding GMs giving out preferential treatment to their real life pals, no welfare pixels, and legit player controlled raiding. The GMs arent going to get involved, and based on the community, that responsibility being given to the players is very well deserved. Everyone I've encountered is mature and respectable, and probably has more going for them in life than VP gear.

Not only that, but you can look forward to actual progression on this server. Right now all the classic content is in-game (plus quests and such that came with luclin and PoP to classic zones/cities). Kunark will be dropping soon, and they actually mean soon. No waiting years after they say it's on the way like some other emu servers. PoK is up and running. Iksar and moon cats are playable and their starting areas are up, so if you want to be a reptile or a furry you can.

If anyone is interested in trying it out, shoot me a PM and i'll get you a link to the client download and help you get set up.

DeathWalking 05-26-2015 10:49 AM

Actually, dont PM me because I probably wont see it. Got pixels to get on the other server.

P2002 forums: http://p2002.com/forums/

P2002 game account creation: http://p2002.com/#/ (once youre logged in with your forum acount)

PC/Mac client download links: http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...=1#post1017027

DeathWalking 05-26-2015 10:51 AM

Ignore the instructions on the forum where it says to install titanium, then move the resources folder from eqmac ect.

unzip that shit to your C drive and run eqw.exe. bam. youre in.

Uteunayr 05-26-2015 10:52 AM

Can this thread be moved to RNF? It seems like it really wants to be on RNF.

Swish 05-26-2015 10:54 AM

I would, but I'd meet 3 boxers everywhere who won't want to talk to other people on the internet.

DeathWalking 05-26-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uteunayr (Post 1908843)
Can this thread be moved to RNF? It seems like it really wants to be on RNF.

But it doesnt have to do with p99, so it would be moved FROM RnF, not to.

If it seems like it should be there, its just because das how i tawk

Orruar 05-26-2015 10:57 AM

It's a good server. Old world is so boring though. Can't wait for Kunark.

Namfoodle 05-26-2015 10:57 AM

If you need a hand getting started on this server hit me up in-game on Javvo, or any character starting with Jav really (tons of alts). I have some platinum for new people and I'm down to PL if we both have about an hour or so free to get it done. Feel free to send me a PM on the p2002 boards to actually schedule a PL that way both of our time isn't wasted (having a bard/mage/wiz for pbaoe in your 3-box would greatly expidite this process).

DeathWalking 05-26-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namfoodle (Post 1908854)
If you need a hand getting started on this server hit me up in-game on Javvo, or any character starting with Jav really (tons of alts). I have some platinum for new people and I'm down to PL if we both have about an hour or so free to get it done. Feel free to send me a PM on the p2002 boards to actually schedule a PL that way both of our time isn't wasted (having a bard/mage/wiz for pbaoe in your 3-box would greatly expidite this process).

Hey Javvo, thanks again for the help last night man. i'll be online a little later today

Haynar 05-26-2015 11:17 AM

There is a thread about p2002 still on the first page of this forum.

Why make another one?

H