Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hey Guise (/forums/showthread.php?t=324012)

Oleris 04-27-2019 10:09 PM

Sorry guys, they said no PVP server planned.

Lowlife 04-27-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleris (Post 2901390)
Sorry guys, they said no PVP server planned.

Well, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression no new big content drops, new servers, etc was a part of some sort of legal agreement between Daybreak Games and P99 staff and has been that way for years, thus in part anyway, the pending discord server sitting untouched for several years. The new green server could indicate a change in whatever legal agreement may exist.

Therefore red99 wipe and relaunch confirmed.

Wipe it clean 2023

AenorVZ 04-28-2019 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowlife (Post 2901380)
LOL i made that map and PMed it to Sirken YEARS ago

You're a legend.

Jerri 04-28-2019 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowlife (Post 2901401)
Well, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression no new big content drops, new servers, etc was a part of some sort of legal agreement between Daybreak Games and P99 staff and has been that way for years, thus in part anyway, the pending discord server sitting untouched for several years. The new green server could indicate a change in whatever legal agreement may exist.

Maybe they are going to give us instances, like the progression servers on live.

heartbrand 04-28-2019 08:26 AM

Happy for those who wanted this, but personally no interest in another non pvp server

AenorVZ 04-28-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axlrose (Post 2901324)
Then again, the "green" tint opening screen might have been the "green" light Daybreak gave Rogean to charge "green" backs to run a "green" server...

What was the monthly subscription cost in Classic, Kunark, and Velious time lines?

Will subscribe multiple accounts if P99 devs come to a licensing arrangement with Daybreak.

Rushmore 04-28-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartbrand (Post 2901559)
Happy for those who wanted this, but personally no interest in another non pvp server

What is this exactly? Or do we not know?

Also HB wtf do you come to these forums anymore if you aren't intrested in a PVP server?

Psionide 04-28-2019 02:09 PM

Any word on if we will be able to box Blue and Green servers like you can with Red and Blue?

Gumbo 04-28-2019 05:43 PM

Green server is a decent idea but just launch it with the patches already released. Pre-ban everything that has been banned already and make all the changes when a new expansion is released.

loramin 04-28-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumbo (Post 2901820)
Green server is a decent idea but just launch it with the patches already released. Pre-ban everything that has been banned already and make all the changes when a new expansion is released.

The staff has put a lot of effort into making it possible for the server to progress along the classic timeline (as part of their larger goal to emulate classic EQ as well as possible). I think it's rather unlikely that they would throw out all that work and only do two patches for Kunark/Velious.