Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Gear for a 7 chanter? (/forums/showthread.php?t=316417)

deven1313 02-01-2019 03:29 PM

Gear for a 7 chanter?

I have around 20 plat saved up and would like to upgrade my gear. Currently, I just have cloth armor and I would like to improve my AC/HP, mainly. Any suggestions for affordable upgrades?

Legidias 02-01-2019 04:32 PM

My first response would be to save money for spells cause they'll use up a lot of money and caster's arent as limited by equipment as melee.

20p is tough... The best bang for the buck at a low level is usually HP/AC rings.
Unfortunately, the better ones cost 250-400p per ring and even the worst one is still about 50p per ring (+2 AC, +30hp).

The only thing really in that price range is like Kobold hide boots.

However, if you auction in EC tunnel about spending 20p for some stuff, a lot of times people will sell you something at massive discount for new players.

deven1313 02-01-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legidias (Post 2852028)
My first response would be to save money for spells cause they'll use up a lot of money and caster's arent as limited by equipment as melee.

20p is tough... The best bang for the buck at a low level is usually HP/AC rings.
Unfortunately, the better ones cost 250-400p per ring and even the worst one is still about 50p per ring (+2 AC, +30hp).

The only thing really in that price range is like Kobold hide boots.

However, if you auction in EC tunnel about spending 20p for some stuff, a lot of times people will sell you something at massive discount for new players.

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I forgot I have another 50 in the bank. :) But, I read that lvl 8 spells are pricey so I think I will hold off for a while so I can buy my spells then grind for more money. I probably should start selling the CB belts instead of turning them in for exp.

loramin 02-01-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deven1313 (Post 2852032)
I probably should start selling the CB belts instead of turning them in for exp.

IMHO you should use them for XP as long as you get meaningful experience. Plat is relatively unimportant when leveling up, especially for casters and especially for int casters. If you had just one item (Goblin Ghazugi Ring) and your key spells (no more than a handful every time you get a new set of spells), and bought literally nothing else until you reached 60 you could do just fine. Your armor matters that little, and you'll loot decent enough stuff as you go.

The plat for the spells you'll get naturally while leveling and for the ring you'll either have to do the camp or farm plat somehow when you're higher level. Or you can just live without it: it's nice to have but not mandatory.

The key thing is, right now you can't farm plat nearly as efficiently as a higher level character, so you're much better off just leveling and then getting plat later, rather than wasting time selling belts now. Especially since you don't need the plat at all now (again your plat from leveling will totally cover spells if you save it and don't buy unecessary spells, and you don't need better armor).

Legidias 02-01-2019 05:30 PM

You can get a lot of plat once you hit the teens and do like the Lfay sisters camp. Just spending like 14-19 there can get like 800-1000p

Muggens 02-01-2019 09:39 PM

You can lvl an enchanter naked. Save your plat for a fungi