Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Laptop Display to Two Additional Monitors (/forums/showthread.php?t=254123)

skarlorn 09-24-2016 08:50 PM

Laptop Display to Two Additional Monitors

Is this possible? I've sent connection from a laptop to two external monitors using the HDMI and VGA ports, but I've never been able to isolate the display to the external monitors.

Is there a way to finagle it so that the laptop's own display is the tertiary screen, or disable it altogether while the monitors are plugged in?

Currently on Windows 8.1 somehow.

Also interested if possible for Mac.

Tupakk 09-24-2016 10:27 PM

So your trying Monitor Laptop Monitor. You can only go out of one or the other. I have never seen a VGA and HDMI on the same latop but regardless you wont get both options.

What you can do is VGA and a USB to VGA Adapter. or if your looking for quality you could do a HDMI to a TripleHead2Go adapter and you will be set. It really just depends on what you want to spend.

skarlorn 09-25-2016 03:01 PM

That's right, mistake in OP. I have been using vga OR HDMI + a USB adapter.

The issue I keep having is that I can figure out how to manipulate the settings so that the two externals are the primary and secondary displays.

Tupakk 09-25-2016 03:11 PM

So EM 1 LP 3 EM 2?

Whe you goto screen resolution you can drag the numbered boxes to configure the screens in whatever order you want

kingsBlend 09-25-2016 05:54 PM

Are you using the OS controls for this or the video driver utility?

mgellan 09-25-2016 05:58 PM

Matrox makes a DualHead2Go box that allows you to drive 2 monitors from a laptop as if it was one virtual double wide monitor:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/pr...go/digital_se/

I've used the Triplehead2go on a PC, pretty nice product -- Mg