Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Why Supreme is Wrong, and the Staff are Truly Embracing Collectivism (/forums/showthread.php?t=121395)

Toehammer 09-07-2013 02:00 PM

Why Supreme is Wrong, and the Staff are Truly Embracing Collectivism

Speedo Bandito, Last of the Gnomehicans here to set the record straight:

The premise of the thread on Collectivism vs Individualism (http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=121263) is completely friggin laughable. Not to mention that the whole idea of a team PvP framework is collectivist by nature... we will have teams, people working together to accomplish things. Right now Red99 is individualist, people PvPing anyone, griefing, and not growing!!! Your whole post is a selfish, lightly guised complaint that itself speaks to individualism and entitlement. Red99, unfortunately, was not as successful as we all wanted it to be.

Facts:

1) Red launch was awesome: >600 pop for ~1-2 weeks of casuals, hardcores, bluebies, reds, new people. I myself have always been blue... but as one experiences good hardcore PvP action, one turns purple. I now am neither blue nor red... I am purple.

2) After 2 weeks, it became clear that guard assist, mage swords, redwood wands, exploits, etc. were no longer a creeping mold but an atom bomb to the server. Things went downhill fast... but no, not for you.

3) The #1 guild, Nihilum rose from the ashes like a Phoenix, wielding Sword of Runes, and battling Lord Nagafen with > 50 DPS pets proccing swords through walls like whoa. Lovely's exploit army took the server by storm and stomped that sh!t! (Lovely was decent at PvP though...) Holocaust replicated this, but then got the ban hammer (lol!). You all (both guilds) deserved the punishment Holo got.

4) The annoying population on the server (Nihilum + Holo for the most part) has created a graveyard called Red99 and maintain it well both in game and on the forums. The funny thing about graveyards is that they are sometimes extremely beautiful on the outside with lush green pastures bearing memory to once living thriving people. However, just like Red99, they are built on decay, failed expectations, and rot. Beneath the lush green server that you frolic through Supreme, as you tend to the graves, is a place built on rotting earth.

As you sow, so shall you reap... and don't sh!t where you eat.

We are all very sorry for you that everyone else views the new PvP teams server (really a second shot at cool, non-griefing, non-exploiting) as a second chance, the true noble Phoenix to rise from the ashes of Red99. I am ecstatic at a chance to PvP again when it is fun.

I have my characters on Blue99, my entombed characters on Red99, and am waiting for the birth of my beautiful Teams99 character. You made your mausoleum... so you can either rot in it, or rise from the ashes. Your choice dude, but stop whining like a tool.

I, as the last remaining full member of Red Dawn (triple lol), took the Red99 server for what it was... my first true PvP experience in EQ, which was awesome when it seemed like it was going to go somewhere. But in between the exploiting, drama, griefers (not PvPers... I can handle them, and win >75% of the time), bugs, and lame guilds, Red99 still looks like a beautiful graveyard. But I lived there for over a year, and citizens who live around graveyards know the true story, and try not to embellish what they really are. Red99 is a Crypt that has been raped, pillaged, robbed (for RMT, omg lol) for everything by the very caretakers who try to usher more members into its ranks. I hope you enjoy exploring the catacombs you have built while we all fluorish in a new field of dreams. Red99 rotten to the core, from launch. The GMs have finally got things right, and the second coming is going to be beautiful.

Teams99, thriving! *No dragon exploits, mage swords, redwood wands, random griefing.

Is your body ready?

-Speedo Bandito, 54 Gnome Mage, Red99 (retired, floating over the Ocean of Tears)

* This comment not confirmed... expectant at best... one can be hopeful. I still actually believe, in general, people who populate Red servers are just bigger assholes by nature.

P.S. Nihilum is true blue, Holocaust was blood red, and every normal person on a PvP server is purple. Finally, a server for purples. No longer will EQ PvP rot away. Full potential shall be realized.

tl;dr Red99 failed, because of the people playing it. Teams99 will be pretty cool and a great outlet for people wanting to escape the grief-fest constructed on exploited ground of Red99 and people on Blue trying their hand at some new PvP experience (this time the right way) and trying to escape the c0ckblocked raid content by killing their competition. There is no competition on Red or Blue, get ready for Teams and some collectivist success, based on the individual's effort and ingenuity. My body is ready.

indiscriminate_hater 09-07-2013 02:47 PM

prose before ho's

beautiful piece

Ghost of White Ranger 09-07-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

tl;dr Red99 failed, because of the people playing it.

Ghost of White Ranger 09-07-2013 02:53 PM

^ hey now - Sirken has been solid. please remember what we had before !

heartbrand 09-07-2013 03:00 PM

Amelinda was good IMHO. She'd make a lot of bad calls but she was online 24/7 and you could talk to her in irc. Dunno she was always reasonable with me and it wasn't because of PayPal.

Old_PVP 09-07-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toehammer (Post 1105445)
Speedo Bandito, Last of the Gnomehicans here to set the record straight:

The premise of the thread on Collectivism vs Individualism (http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=121263) is completely friggin laughable. Not to mention that the whole idea of a team PvP framework is collectivist by nature... we will have teams, people working together to accomplish things. Right now Red99 is individualist, people PvPing anyone, griefing, and not growing!!! Your whole post is a selfish, lightly guised complaint that itself speaks to individualism and entitlement. Red99, unfortunately, was not as successful as we all wanted it to be.

Facts:

1) Red launch was awesome: >600 pop for ~1-2 weeks of casuals, hardcores, bluebies, reds, new people. I myself have always been blue... but as one experiences good hardcore PvP action, one turns purple. I now am neither blue nor red... I am purple.

2) After 2 weeks, it became clear that guard assist, mage swords, redwood wands, exploits, etc. were no longer a creeping mold but an atom bomb to the server. Things went downhill fast... but no, not for you.

3) The #1 guild, Nihilum rose from the ashes like a Phoenix, wielding Sword of Runes, and battling Lord Nagafen with > 50 DPS pets proccing swords through walls like whoa. Lovely's exploit army took the server by storm and stomped that sh!t! (Lovely was decent at PvP though...) Holocaust replicated this, but then got the ban hammer (lol!). You all (both guilds) deserved the punishment Holo got.

4) The annoying population on the server (Nihilum + Holo for the most part) has created a graveyard called Red99 and maintain it well both in game and on the forums. The funny thing about graveyards is that they are sometimes extremely beautiful on the outside with lush green pastures bearing memory to once living thriving people. However, just like Red99, they are built on decay, failed expectations, and rot. Beneath the lush green server that you frolic through Supreme, as you tend to the graves, is a place built on rotting earth.

As you sow, so shall you reap... and don't sh!t where you eat.

We are all very sorry for you that everyone else views the new PvP teams server (really a second shot at cool, non-griefing, non-exploiting) as a second chance, the true noble Phoenix to rise from the ashes of Red99. I am ecstatic at a chance to PvP again when it is fun.

I have my characters on Blue99, my entombed characters on Red99, and am waiting for the birth of my beautiful Teams99 character. You made your mausoleum... so you can either rot in it, or rise from the ashes. Your choice dude, but stop whining like a tool.

I, as the last remaining full member of Red Dawn (triple lol), took the Red99 server for what it was... my first true PvP experience in EQ, which was awesome when it seemed like it was going to go somewhere. But in between the exploiting, drama, griefers (not PvPers... I can handle them, and win >75% of the time), bugs, and lame guilds, Red99 still looks like a beautiful graveyard. But I lived there for over a year, and citizens who live around graveyards know the true story, and try not to embellish what they really are. Red99 is a Crypt that has been raped, pillaged, robbed (for RMT, omg lol) for everything by the very caretakers who try to usher more members into its ranks. I hope you enjoy exploring the catacombs you have built while we all fluorish in a new field of dreams. Red99 rotten to the core, from launch. The GMs have finally got things right, and the second coming is going to be beautiful.

Teams99, thriving! *No dragon exploits, mage swords, redwood wands, random griefing.

Is your body ready?

-Speedo Bandito, 54 Gnome Mage, Red99 (retired, floating over the Ocean of Tears)

* This comment not confirmed... expectant at best... one can be hopeful. I still actually believe, in general, people who populate Red servers are just bigger assholes by nature.

P.S. Nihilum is true blue, Holocaust was blood red, and every normal person on a PvP server is purple. Finally, a server for purples. No longer will EQ PvP rot away. Full potential shall be realized.

tl;dr Red99 failed, because of the people playing it. Teams99 will be pretty cool and a great outlet for people wanting to escape the grief-fest constructed on exploited ground of Red99 and people on Blue trying their hand at some new PvP experience (this time the right way) and trying to escape the c0ckblocked raid content by killing their competition. There is no competition on Red or Blue, get ready for Teams and some collectivist success, based on the individual's effort and ingenuity. My body is ready.

A+ , would read again.

Something'Witty 09-07-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toehammer (Post 1105445)
Red99 failed, because of the people playing it.

And you don't think those same people will play on Teams99? Or maybe you think that a teams ruleset will protect you from them?

Aenor 09-07-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater (Post 1105480)
prose before ho's

beautiful piece

+1 emu street cred

Godefroi 09-07-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Something'Witty (Post 1105663)
And you don't think those same people will play on Teams99? Or maybe that a teams ruleset will protect you from them?

Hazek 09-07-2013 07:46 PM

Pvpers like pvp. Carebears like PVE. No ruleset change involving pvp will convince carebears to reroll on a new pvp server. No ruleset change aside from a literal nerfbat every few months, or a wipe, or a high population could counter guild supremacy. red99 will never have a high population unless you take it upon yourself to actively advertise the server to find more players. Therefor, red99 will always be half dead or about to be wiped with one group of players inevitably rising to the top. A team server will only create the same issue with everyone eventually becoming carebears on the same zerg team.

Using this analysis, we can predict three outcomes. Red99 remains half dead until everyone quits. Red99 flourishes after every pvper promotes the server and increases the population by at least 200. Red99 is wiped, dies, or merges with a new red server with a different rule set and the same issues that cause it inevitably die or get wiped again with the same low population.