Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Jewel Crafting Guides? (/forums/showthread.php?t=331958)

Bondrake 08-15-2019 10:45 AM

Jewel Crafting Guides?

Hey guys,

I've been trying to find some jewel crafting guides to start on my enchanter but I have no clue on how to start or the fastest path to level the skill up. I looked around for guides but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know of any guides?

Thanks.

loramin 08-15-2019 11:19 AM

http://wiki.project1999.com/Jewelcrafting

Bondrake 08-15-2019 11:42 AM

That isn't a leveling guide.

Madbad 08-15-2019 12:07 PM

Dude, its broken down by cost and when the item becomes trivial.

loramin 08-15-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madbad (Post 2947860)
Dude, its broken down by cost and when the item becomes trivial.

This. Jewelcrafting is not something complex like "where do I level" (which requires a massive Per-Level Guide).

It's literally just "make this one earring until it becomes trivial, and I have to spend a bit more money to make this necklace, until that becomes trivial and I have to make ..." The hard part is the carpal tunnel you'll give your wrists; figuring out what to make next is just looking down a table, and you don't even have to click sort because it's already pre-sorted by trivial*.

* (well, you have to look at the cost column too I guess, but still it's pretty easy)

And if you really want a "here's a table of just exactly what you should make to level up" ... add one yourself :D Several other tradeskills in the wiki have such a table, and it's a wiki so the only reason Jewelrycraft doesn't have one is that no one has taken the time make it.

Jimjam 08-15-2019 12:32 PM

Eqtc has formulae for how likely you are to skill up per combine and how likely you are to succeed at a combine. You can they cross reference that with wiki to see the average cost per skill up of each combine to find the cheapest way to skill up jewelcrafting. Alternatively you could find the path that requires the least combines to level up.

Obviously having a way to parse and script this data would be helpful in your quest to find the best route for skipping up jewelcrafting?

Ghostly 08-15-2019 01:22 PM

Anybody want proof that people just want stuff handed to them? lol

jolanar 08-15-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2947875)
Eqtc has formulae for how likely you are to skill up per combine and how likely you are to succeed at a combine. You can they cross reference that with wiki to see the average cost per skill up of each combine to find the cheapest way to skill up jewelcrafting. Alternatively you could find the path that requires the least combines to level up.

Obviously having a way to parse and script this data would be helpful in your quest to find the best route for skipping up jewelcrafting?

That's assuming it works the same way here though.

Jibartik 08-15-2019 01:53 PM

I'm just saying that jewl crafting guide is literally the most complicated thing that I have in my life. Like it may be simple for some of you but for me that is more complicated than my turbo tax forms that I also don't understand.

port9001 08-15-2019 02:08 PM

All you need to do for a "guide" is sort that table by cost then make the lowest trivial thing that would result in a skill up.