Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   What are all these other servers? (/forums/showthread.php?t=402719)

Drueric 05-08-2022 02:48 AM

What are all these other servers?

I see the 3 colored servers for p99 and there forums, but when I login I see dozens of other servers, even one with a higher population, but no discussion forum for any of them. Are they also p99 servers or what?

I see an "Omens of war" server that seems to generally have the highest population. Why is that? Should I play there?

Gamkek 05-09-2022 01:20 AM

Project 1999's servers are just a few of dozens of servers that are based on the work done on EQEmulator, an open source project. Project 1999 makes use of EQ Emu's login servers, which is why you see all those other servers in the servers list when you login.

If you want more info on the other servers, check out EQEmulator's website and server list: http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverlist

Zoolander 05-09-2022 06:58 AM

i can strongly recommend Imperium if u wana see raidcontent solo. on this server you can basicaly solo everything.

yes, youll get bored at some point but its nice to experience every zone/mob in the game. took me around 2 weeks to fight my way up to quarm in PoP.

MrSparkle001 05-09-2022 10:06 AM

I think the high pop on those other servers are box accounts. The number of actual players is much less. They look higher than P99 because the playerbase is split between two servers and those servers have 3x or more box accounts than players online. Oh, and red is dead.

Some of those servers even tell you how to set up MQ2 for boxing on their websites.

Dural_Levant 05-09-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoolander (Post 3457407)
i can strongly recommend Imperium if u wana see raidcontent solo. on this server you can basicaly solo everything.

yes, youll get bored at some point but its nice to experience every zone/mob in the game. took me around 2 weeks to fight my way up to quarm in PoP.

Are the positions, paths and spawn rates of all mobs the same? Could I, for example, scope out a dungeon on Imperium to figure out where
and how to camp for a particular mob?

darthbookster 05-09-2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoolander (Post 3457407)

ORLY. I love to explore so I am going to have to check this out. thanks

Zoolander 05-09-2022 01:27 PM

the first thing to do is #zone guildlobby the moment u create a char on imperium. yes you can port into any zone with #zone zonename, no keys needed for locked ones

Zoolander 05-09-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dural_Levant (Post 3457457)
Are the positions, paths and spawn rates of all mobs the same? Could I, for example, scope out a dungeon on Imperium to figure out where
and how to camp for a particular mob?

mobs are pretty accurate on spawnpoints, not as good as p99 but very close. you can zone to any location in a dungeon with the i.e. #zone butcher 100 100 5 command, or just #zone butcher to zone to the zone line. google their messageboard, the whole info is there.

Gustoo 05-09-2022 02:28 PM

Its really fun to explore on the godmode servers or GM
Power servers

Jibartik 05-09-2022 02:42 PM

the ez server is neat except all the luclin models.