Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   "Someone has been charmed." (/forums/showthread.php?t=333525)

bilirubin 09-10-2019 03:46 PM

"Someone has been charmed."

On the wiki for both Allure and Boltran's Agacerie it describes both of these spells having the text "X has been charmed" appearing whenever they have landed, however I am not seeing this text at all in game. I assume it does not appear for any other charm spells in game. Where does this information on the wiki come from? Should there be a text like this in game?

Crawdad 09-10-2019 05:21 PM

Spell information is ripped from the spell files in your EQ directory. There are several different parsers people have used through the years to get the data in an easily digestible form. Here's a webbased parser that displays both as it appears in the actual file, and also the parse. Without a parser it doesn't make much sense to a layperson.

As far as the info on the wiki though, it was probably just copied straight from Lucy.

loramin 09-10-2019 05:44 PM

Yeah, I think Crawdad is right: I have no idea how the original data got there, but it almost certainly was slurped up from Lucy (or somewhere similar) by Ravhin.

But where it came from doesn't matter: if it's wrong, fix it! It's a wiki :D

mcbizzler 09-10-2019 09:07 PM

I was also not seeing this, sad news since no trigger text

Hibbs 09-11-2019 01:56 AM

Man first pet bars and now this! Damnit games unplayable.

Crawdad 09-11-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbizzler (Post 2958819)
I was also not seeing this, sad news since no trigger text

My GINA trigger searches for "You begin to cast <X Charm spell>" and ends early with an alert on "Your charm spell has worn off" or on resist. Works just fine.