Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   NPC Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Old Sebilis NPC's Eating Charm-Given Items (/forums/showthread.php?t=407960)

evertoon 09-13-2022 02:03 PM

Old Sebilis NPC's Eating Charm-Given Items

Good afternoon,

Across all servers there seems to be a random occurring issue in Old Sebilis where charmed NPC's that are given particular items ( such as -mr gear, weapons, etc ) become lost upon killing the NPC.

Anyone else who has had this happen to them mind chiming in on particular scenarios to find a cause to this or why it seems to occur?

enigma1985 09-13-2022 02:07 PM

Can second this, had a -MR tome from Droga (tome of eternal) go poof, in seb

Jimjam 10-30-2022 05:10 AM

Could be an interaction between charm given items / disarm?

The way disarm / pick pocket work on this server are really funky.

Gorbok 10-30-2022 07:00 PM

This also happened to me recently but in Wakening Lands with geonids.

The charm pet dropped some of the items, but not the weapons it was clearly wielding. (Swarmcaller and Tome of the Eternal). It was DEFINITELY wielding the weapons, as it was proc'ing slow and visibly holding them.

So I do not think it is restricted to just Seb.

dk0 02-25-2023 02:18 PM

Randomly came across this thread, but bumping because I've had similar happen in multiple zones in the past few weeks.

NPCs in both Chardok and Siren's Grotto. Factioned with the NPCs both instances, no charm involved. NPCs were not visibly holding anything in their hands. Giving an item (torch) resulted in nothing happening, i.e. NPC still not holding anything. Repeated attempts to give the same NPC another item had the same results. I did not kill any of these NPCs to confirm loot.

It seems rare, most NPCs accepted a torch normally. Maybe it has to do with items in the NPC inventory? I can't imagine what other rarely occurring situation would cause this type of conflict. In both cases, the NPC can spawn with either a Secondary slot item, or a 2h weapon, both of which would cause conflict with a torch (though it's strange nothing was visibly held).

Rygar 02-26-2023 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dk0 (Post 3580675)
Randomly came across this thread, but bumping because I've had similar happen in multiple zones in the past few weeks.

NPCs in both Chardok and Siren's Grotto. Factioned with the NPCs both instances, no charm involved. NPCs were not visibly holding anything in their hands. Giving an item (torch) resulted in nothing happening, i.e. NPC still not holding anything. Repeated attempts to give the same NPC another item had the same results. I did not kill any of these NPCs to confirm loot.

It seems rare, most NPCs accepted a torch normally. Maybe it has to do with items in the NPC inventory? I can't imagine what other rarely occurring situation would cause this type of conflict. In both cases, the NPC can spawn with either a Secondary slot item, or a 2h weapon, both of which would cause conflict with a torch (though it's strange nothing was visibly held).

On p99 you can't hand items to non-charmed NPCs and have it show up in their inventory / get equipped.

Confirmed classic though, not sure if it is part of their eventual development or something deemed ripe for abuse (believe you could disable quadding on certain npcs back in the day with this)

Duik 02-26-2023 05:02 AM

I started live in jan 2000, i felt sure peeps from elon would drop fs weapons on crushbone orcs.
Maybe they charmed em first.
ELON = Elven Legions Of Norath guild on Prexus

Jimjam 02-26-2023 05:13 AM

On live the mobs would add items to their loot without being charmed. It doesn’t work that way here in an attempt to patch out some exploits.

dk0 02-26-2023 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rygar (Post 3580929)
On p99 you can't hand items to non-charmed NPCs and have it show up in their inventory / get equipped.

Confirmed classic though, not sure if it is part of their eventual development or something deemed ripe for abuse (believe you could disable quadding on certain npcs back in the day with this)

Bit of a "duh" moment once you said this, people can't just randomly arm NPCs on p99. Admittedly haven't played here for a few years.

However I'm certain I have been doing this for a long time in Chardok on blue server-- is this a Chardok (2.0?) exclusive thing? After the last quake (~1 week ago?), I ran around handing out torches to a bunch of un-charmed mobs and they all took them happily... except 1. I very clearly remember seeing other players hand out weapons to un-charmed mobs in that zone as well. I don't have any toons there now to test, but I really hope I'm not going crazy here!