Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Shaman questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=277806)

Kenzi 07-16-2017 04:57 PM

Shaman questions

Not sure on the mechanics of worn haste and its effect on my dog, does it effect dog haste?

When do you 50+ shaman stop worrying about having a haste item. Im 51 now and still slow tanking, but I can see that changing soon.

I could add more hp/mana if I swapped out my SCHW.

loramin 07-16-2017 05:31 PM

Worn haste will affect your dog's haste if you actually give him the haste item, but I wouldn't recommend doing that ...

As for tanking, I found myself having to root/rot more and more the closer I got to 60, just because stuff hit too hard.

Baler 07-16-2017 06:20 PM

Shaman is a priest class. There is never a reason from level 1 to 60 for you to ever wear a haste item unless it has stats(end game raid gear).
Haste/items apply to the shaman's pet the same way it applies to all other pets. Note you can't get items back from your shm pet.

I know i'll get flack from people but what I'm saying is the truth. You're playing the wrong class if you're using haste gear on your shaman. Especially SCHW.
Get these https://wiki.project1999.com/Coldain_Skin_Gloves

INB4 but baler haste gear on shaman durr Hurr bleh durrrrr
*shaking my head real hard* Probably the same people who play ogre and can't grasp the concept that they're not the best race.
---
After level 14 a shaman should never be melee attacking. (Root & DoT)
later levels,.. Root, Slow, Pet Attack, Dot, Meditate
50+ Root, Dot, Meditate
58-60 Root, Dot, Slow, Meditate
(Duo with a class that can actually melee and stop looking like a chump.) Monk + Shm duo is great

The only real viable melee weapon choices in order of accessibility...
Granite Face Grinder
Rune Etched Icewurm Fang
Epic
I maybe be mistaken but I believe the icewurm fang is the best dps out of the three. But you'll still be a poser for actively pursuing melee as a priest class.
*waits for someone to claim their druid melee is fantastic*

Kenzi 07-16-2017 07:03 PM

I thought at one point summoned pets shared the stats that their summoner had, maybe that was the only with resists.

I wasnt posting this to argue to viability of Shaman melee because, well, I've done it pretty effeciently for 51 levels with little to no downtime.

Baler I cant really tell if youre trolling but if youre serious you lost credibility in the first paragraph.

Baler 07-16-2017 08:53 PM

I am not trolling. My advice is solid just extremely unorganized. I apologize for being overly enthusiastic I'm just passionate about meta. Whether you disagree or not.
Pet's have their own stats and resistances based on spell and level.

Check out some guides on the wiki, a lot of useful information there.

Troxx 07-17-2017 06:12 AM

If you're a twink, worn haste is insanely useful well up into your 30s to 40s. Haste item and a PWC will have you leveling a lot faster than trying to play the pure caster role. If you're not a twink, by the time you've saved up enough for a haste item you're probably past the point in your shaman's life that it's useful.

Shaman pets do benefit from worn item haste but I'd never give a shaman pet any haste item other than a mage summon mask. In seb fully buffed (str + focus stack and haste) with haste mask the pet puts out a solid 25 sustained dps. It's not huge, but it works out to about 1/3 of a single moderately geared monk and is minimal upkeep.

Lojik 07-17-2017 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troxx (Post 2557128)
If you're a twink, worn haste is insanely useful well up into your 30s to 40s. Haste item and a PWC will have you leveling a lot faster than trying to play the pure caster role. If you're not a twink, by the time you've saved up enough for a haste item you're probably past the point in your shaman's life that it's useful.

Shaman pets do benefit from worn item haste but I'd never give a shaman pet any haste item other than a mage summon mask. In seb fully buffed (str + focus stack and haste) with haste mask the pet puts out a solid 25 sustained dps. It's not huge, but it works out to about 1/3 of a single moderately geared monk and is minimal upkeep.

Didnt shaman melee get the nerf bat recently

Doctor Jeff 07-17-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lojik (Post 2557136)
Didnt shaman melee get the nerf bat recently

Yes. All priests and casters do much less damage via melee than in previous patches.

Triiz 07-19-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 2556959)
After level 14 a shaman should never be melee attacking. (Root & DoT)

This may be true for a non-twinked shaman, but for a twinked shaman this is not good advice. They don't even have canni until 24 so mana regen is terrible. 14-24 a twinked root rotting shaman would be basically sitting at full HP all the time which is a waste. Far more efficient to dot and melee.

Even after the melee nerf patch, at level 20+ a PWC will still be 20/28 for a shaman with no haste. At 24 Envenomed Breath is 27 a tick, max hit from a PWC would be at least 40. With SCHW, a PWC is effectively 20/23.

I tried both root/rot and root/rot/slow/melee before level 34 and hands down root/rot/slow/melee was faster xp. Fwiw my shaman isn't an ogre.