Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Human Warrior - creation (/forums/showthread.php?t=348265)

Lange 01-22-2020 05:59 AM

Human Warrior - creation

Greetings!

If I were to start a human warrior, should I throw the 25 starting points in STA as "recommend" or... 25 in DEX, as I also want weapons to proc.. to get/keep agro.

I thinking STA, since HP is king. and you can "only" buff 50 STA.

Where DEX, lots of items have it, FoS, Avatar, etc.

Let me hear your thoughts please :)

kjs86z 01-22-2020 11:10 AM

STA

Benanov 01-22-2020 11:48 AM

STA is the hardest stat to raise with the gear that is available in the 2 expansions + classic that is P99.

The payoff is a little later in the game, as STA doesn't mean too much at early levels - but they're early levels and go by comparatively quickly.

Nirgon 01-22-2020 11:56 AM

Get a cheap bladed thulian claw and pgt asap too.

Barbarian starts right around the corner and is overall better.

If you care about stats and not looks, make the better choices. If you care about looks, don't worry so much about stats.

hannahgrams 01-22-2020 01:09 PM

furor planedefiler would never be a disgusting barbarian

Allishia 01-22-2020 04:07 PM

Reroll dark elf, reason is because best in slot arms are red, and the red pants look crappy on humans and the blue don't match the arms at all.

And yes all points into sta cause procs are random anyway :p
Have fun !

Wallicker 01-22-2020 06:24 PM

Roll Ogre/troll warrior on green get guise be a DE with superior stats, slam and racial stun immunity or regen.

DMN 01-22-2020 07:11 PM

Halflings are really good long term, too. With sneak you can be bound in all sorts of places that non halfing warrior could not( since you have the potential to get a locket of escpape this could be a pretty big deal long term) -- grobb for example, in vanilla. And of course you can sell your loot/buy food almost anywhere you can approach a vendor from behind. You also get a slighlty gimpier version of gnomish wall hacks.

FSI isnt doing much for a warrior though unless you plan to be raid tank... and most raiding guilds only have a tiny handful of those, if not only 1 or 2. Regen is even questionable as a warrior your long term ability to solo is incredibly limited.if you are waiting for your 50+ warriors health to regen, you are for a bad tiime.

Wallicker 01-22-2020 07:23 PM

Slam interrupts casts without a shield and has a higher skillcap than kick

DMN 01-22-2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallicker (Post 3072239)
Slam interrupts casts without a shield and has a higher skillcap than kick

Cap only affects damage though, and kicks eventually stun at same frequency for wars.