Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes: Sunday, April 7th, 2019 (/forums/showthread.php?t=321978)

Iksar_with_a_plan 04-07-2019 09:51 PM

I agree with the term used here to describe a portion of endgame content as it is now on P99.
Trivialized

Sure it's a product of a server locked in time. But the players should appreciate that the GMs are doing something here to potentially solve a very relevant and current issue.

danonymous 04-07-2019 10:36 PM

It is great that there is finally some top level attention to the ToV problem. I can see why rooting the dragons would seem like a good solution to people from a distance. I think it is a decision that show great understanding of game mechanics but limited experience on the ground with competitive guilds and targets and lack of understanding of how people in the top guilds compete.

If the goal is to reduce petitions, I am confident this rule change will do the opposite. If the goal is to force guilds to the plow through trash to get to the named, this is not a long-term solution and players will find a way to get around what is intended. If the goal is to encourage guilds to work together, perhaps you haven’t been around the raiding community long enough. If your goal is to make a different challenge to how guilds compete over old targets, then yes, this is a good solution. As Vapos said, it only going to cause different headaches, not less headaches.

The guilds are already discussing how they can win these targets, which rules can be bent or broken, which “assholes moves” they can get away with, just shy of getting suspended or banned. After a week or two of madness, the top level will have to institute new rules to deal with the new techniques. The top guilds will adapt their techniques to see what they can get away with. As Loramin said, after a several months it will go back to the status quo.

All that said, this is step in the right direction. The top level is actually considering the problem and making an attempt. After the last few years of neglect, the last several months scandal, and the last week of whistleblowing, perhaps the top level felt they just needed to do something ASAP. Maybe it will take a few attempts and seeing the new problems that arise to understand the situation better. RIP ToV pulls.

sox7d 04-07-2019 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2888492)
I'm glad to see the important issue of half elf starting notes is being addressed in the last few patches.

Can half elf warriors predating these patches petition to receive the correct note or should we reroll?

a half elf warrior is pretty much the reason this patch exists

Inferus 04-08-2019 12:17 AM

Perma-rooted mobs with 4 flurry drake guards that summon at 100%. Welcome to the classic EverQuest server!

Aadill 04-08-2019 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaeophi (Post 2888845)
This is CLEARLY an attack on rangers! Rooted mobs = --> NO <-- "Your bow does double damage" on rooted mobs! Dam you Cesar!

I can confirm that bows are in fact not getting double damage bonus on rooted ToV mobs :(

Molitoth 04-08-2019 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aadill (Post 2889032)
I can confirm that bows are in fact not getting double damage bonus on rooted ToV mobs :(

=(

Xaeophi 04-08-2019 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feniin (Post 2888857)
I wonder if it'll have that effect on them -- they're not *rooted* but they don't move. Any other mobs in game that are mechanically rooted?

Yelinak.. Rooted.. Arrows do NOT do double damage to him because of this :)

I saw past the smoke and mirrors! This patch is an attack on the most powerful class everquest has to offer.

feniin 04-08-2019 02:00 AM

That's sad :( Papa Rogean needs to rectify this situation!

elwing 04-08-2019 02:59 AM

Thanks a lot for this patch, had most fun that I had for long in tov! Minor adjustments might still be needed but overall a major improvement!

Dolalin 04-08-2019 03:24 AM

Anything that makes ToV more of a timesink/pita is very welcome and a great idea. Casuals won't care, they'll be happy to crawl and put in the time for a few dragons. This will mostly hurt the farm guilds like AM. And so be it, they're hogging content.