Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Playing P99 on Mac (after Catalina) (/forums/showthread.php?t=392599)

matticas 09-30-2021 03:31 PM

Playing P99 on Mac (after Catalina)

Hey all,

My old MacBook Pro will die soon and I'll have no way to play P99. As I see it, I have a couple options to keep playing:

- buy a simple PC to play on
- set up Boot Camp or Parallels on my new Mac
- find a workaround in the current Mac OS

I get free Apple tech for work and prefer to not pay for another laptop just for this old game, so anyone have experience with Boot camp or Parallels? Any tips for getting P99 to run that way?

Feel free to DM me here or in Discord: apollas#0001

Thanks for the time!

nyclin 09-30-2021 03:39 PM

boot camp and parallels both work perfectly fine

with parallels 16 on an m1 macbook air I get a slight red tint in game but it isn't terrible and sort of reminds me of oldschool infravision

Seducio 09-30-2021 06:37 PM

Able to run p99 with Parallels 15 and Big Sur Os myself. Still works despite breaking on OS updates in the past that required a uninstall and reinstall of Parallels.

I may be at the end of the line though. The upcoming Monterey Os upgrade may break my setup for good unless I upgrade Parallels also.

May stick with Big Sur for now just in case when Monterey finally arrives.

Tunabros 10-08-2021 03:42 PM

back on the other thread i made, people mentioned using bootcamp and it's being working

fine

only problem is that you need to activate windows or you'll have a watermark

boot camp is very easy to set up

just install and follow the instructions, basically turns mac os into windows which is so cool lol

Seducio 10-25-2021 04:17 PM

Going to necro this thread for an update.

I can confirm that the new Monterey OS does not work with my old Parallels 15. This could be specific to me, but a glance as Parallels forums shows other users with the same issue. I reverted back to Big Sur and things worked again.

So if you are using an older version of Parallels, be wary of the new Os update on Macs.