Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   50's SK Gear Advice (/forums/showthread.php?t=395907)

Keebz 12-08-2021 05:49 PM

50's SK Gear Advice

So I've come back to my SK twink after taking a break, and he's still mostly in classic gear. Green Magelo Link

I'm not sure where to go with gear. I mostly solo, doing a lot of fear kiting, so I haven't been too concerned about maxing my HPs. My instinct is to try and pick up a Narandi Crown and maybe max my STR to speed things up (though this may require going to Sky, yuck). I have up to 100k to blow, but would rather do something more modest around 20-30k, unless there's a large power bump involved—thing's like epic, blood ember legs, eyepatch of plunder, etc. come to mind.

I theoretically have access to raid loot via my other chars, but I'm trying not to burn myself out immediately after coming back to the game, hence the derping around on the SK. So, some easy to attain raid pieces may be doable, but nothing more competitive. I've been eyeing a Soul Defiler, for example.

Obviously, if I'm just grouping this gear is mostly good enough, but I need some sort of direction to keep me interested other than grinding for grinding's sake.

Any suggestions welcome.

Jimjam 12-08-2021 06:01 PM

My blue SK is geared something like this:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Nareik

Danth 12-08-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keebz (Post 3396793)
...if I'm just grouping this gear is mostly good enough...

Fungus twink with plane of air items is a little past "mostly good enough" for normal experience group stuff.

I don't think you need equipment advice. You either already have or are well aware of the big-ticket items. Rather you're running into the level range where melee twinks start to run out of steam and can't effortlessly hack their way through Norrath anymore. It is not for no reason a bunch quit around the high 40's/low 50's range; for a long time I used to pretty regularly see shadow knights in particular in that level range being parted out and sold in EC. If you have multiple other raid-ready characters than you know what level 50+ EQ entails and if you don't want to do that push again then it's time to start planning your next character.

Danth

DeathsSilkyMist 12-08-2021 06:38 PM

If you want to increase your solo speed, improve your mana regen. Since you have Fungi and you are a Troll,
you already have good HP regen. That means Crown of Narandi, Shawl 7, and Blood Ember Greaves. Those will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

Eyepatch is a nice item, but I haven't seen a huge DPS increase with it, and I have https://wiki.project1999.com/Ancient...ched_Flamberge .

You could certainly boost your stats quite a bit since most of your items are quite basic, and that should give you some improvements as well if you upgrade enough pieces.

As a fellow Troll SK, you can look at my Magelo in my Sig to get ideas on what to fill your other slots with.

Keebz 12-08-2021 09:06 PM

Thanks for the Magelo's. It's good food for thought. To start, I will work on the mana regen and copy some of yall's accessory slots. Thankfully, shawl should be in game on Green now.

Toxigen 12-09-2021 12:41 PM

Aye, narandi crown prob #1 for your to-get list.

Just find some shaman friends. Duo.

mattydef 12-09-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danth (Post 3396805)
Fungus twink with plane of air items is a little past "mostly good enough" for normal experience group stuff.

I don't think you need equipment advice. You either already have or are well aware of the big-ticket items.

Danth

Robersonroger38 12-10-2021 06:00 PM

Where is good place at lvl 51 SK to solo grind

DeathsSilkyMist 12-10-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robersonroger38 (Post 3397687)

City Guards are good until 55. Butcherblock Mountain guards by the various guard shacks and Felwithe guards (fear kite them so they don't heal) are great for xp and money.

Charasis is good XP too (plus you can use your undead spells), but I am thinking 51 may be a little low. It is better when you are 55+.

I can't remember exactly when Crystal Cavern Geos green out, but those are pretty good in the 40s and maybe low 50s range.

Killing trash in Dreadlands is a pretty classic way to go. Not great xp and money, but it is a very good place for easy fear kiting if you pull to Karnor's Castle.

Wakening Land Goos are great too. They are a great source of XP + Cash until 56 at least, and they are pretty easy for Velious mobs.

Crede 12-11-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robersonroger38 (Post 3397687)

The 3 barb guards in everfrost. Can’t beat it, good until 55. Decent noob zem now too.