Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ench/Dru, Ench/Sham, Sham/Mnk (/forums/showthread.php?t=147428)

Treefall 04-16-2014 07:45 PM

Ench/Dru, Ench/Sham, Sham/Mnk

I'm trying to get a friend to level up with me over the summer, and I was wondering about the effectiveness of these combos.

I was thinking Ench/Dru would rock for dual charm and fear/snare, ports, etc.

I was thinking Ench/Sham would rock more later on, and especially in dungeons, with buffs and debuffs for rocking cash camps.

Then Sham/Mnk is the typical duo. I know it's amazing, but I can't think of how it would compete with Ench/Shm in terms of effectiveness...is it more effective? Or is it just a great duo to go if one person wants to rock melee?

Lune 04-16-2014 08:17 PM

Overall, all things considered:

Ench/Sham > Sham/Mnk > Ench/Dru

If you have a fungi, some haste, and a nice wep for your monk, that might change things.

The only downside to Ench/Sham compared to anything else is the enchanter needs to be competent for it to work well.

Ench/Dru would be extremely nice for leveling up, but loses some of its strength after 50 and isn't quite as capable as the other two options in most 50+ dungeons. (Chardok is an exception). All three are great duo combos.

Mirana 04-16-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lune (Post 1417097)
Overall, all things considered:

Ench/Sham > Sham/Mnk > Ench/Dru

If you have a fungi, some haste, and a nice wep for your monk, that might change things.

The only downside to Ench/Sham compared to anything else is the enchanter needs to be competent for it to work well.

Ench/Dru would be extremely nice for leveling up, but loses some of its strength after 50 and isn't quite as capable as the other two options in most 50+ dungeons. (Chardok is an exception). All three are great duo combos.

I disagree with ench/dru losing strength after 50, duo is still pretty sick and can farm most cash camps in the game. Super fun and pretty skill intensive as well.

Lune 04-16-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirana (Post 1417104)
I disagree with ench/dru losing strength after 50, duo is still pretty sick and can farm most cash camps in the game. Super fun and pretty skill intensive as well.

Yes, it is "still pretty sick"... but the things this duo excels at are more difficult to execute in many 50+ areas (which just happen to be primarily indoor dungeons, like Sebilis and Howling Stones). So I'd say it loses strength relative to Sham/Ench and Sham/Monk.

50+ shamans really come into their own, eventually gaining torpor, a clicky 1k dot, and brute force soloing ability that approaches enchanters.

50+ Monks are the most OP melee, shred through targets, mitigate well, and synergize quite well with their shaman partners.

A 50+ druid is like Robin to the enchanter Batman. There is nothing for a druid to charm in Sebilis or Howling Stones to my knowledge, and their indoor utility and synergy is otherwise wholly inferior to a shaman.

Can they still farm difficult cash camps? Yes. So can an enchanter/paladin, Mage/cleric, Shaman/SK. Not very relevant to op's question

Jakaris 04-17-2014 12:36 AM

As an Enchanter, Ench/Shaman. IF, and only IF the Enchanter is good and not going to afk... very much at all. If the chanters good and on top of their game, there's not a whole lot a shaman/ench cant duo.

Nuggie 04-17-2014 01:54 AM

+1 to ench/sham duo.

thugcruncher 04-17-2014 02:17 AM

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-16-2014/cmiCSj.gif

Miser 04-17-2014 02:51 AM

SHM/ENC is unreal good, but for leveling/exp grind I'd say that CLR/ENC is better.

(I know you didn't ask about clerics, but figured it was worth a mention. :))

phacemeltar 04-17-2014 03:47 AM

troll illusion + shrink

Yumyums Inmahtumtums 04-17-2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lune (Post 1417125)
Yes, it is "still pretty sick"... but the things this duo excels at are more difficult to execute in many 50+ areas (which just happen to be primarily indoor dungeons, like Sebilis and Howling Stones). So I'd say it loses strength relative to Sham/Ench and Sham/Monk.

50+ shamans really come into their own, eventually gaining torpor, a clicky 1k dot, and brute force soloing ability that approaches enchanters.

50+ Monks are the most OP melee, shred through targets, mitigate well, and synergize quite well with their shaman partners.

A 50+ druid is like Robin to the enchanter Batman. There is nothing for a druid to charm in Sebilis or Howling Stones to my knowledge, and their indoor utility and synergy is otherwise wholly inferior to a shaman.

Can they still farm difficult cash camps? Yes. So can an enchanter/paladin, Mage/cleric, Shaman/SK. Not very relevant to op's question

This.

Druid is probably the best levelling up as there is no replacement for low-mana snare while fear kiting with a backstabbing mob. After about 45 or so shaman definitely takes over.