Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Kunark Launch Day (/forums/showthread.php?t=29997)

Sephrana 03-21-2011 11:57 PM

omg wtb babysitter for my children for the entire weekend PST

lol. ;)

SwordNboard 03-22-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 241743)
Do not attract the wrath of Uthgaard!

By telling a person not to do something, well, you know...

:D

Yilza Moosik 03-22-2011 02:57 AM

Quote:

6-7 PM Eastern
I am so bad at those times. What is that GMT ? or any Euro time ;)

Zigfreed 03-22-2011 03:18 AM

It's always 5 hours earlier in EST from GMT.
To spell it out: Noon (12pm) GMT is 7am EST.
This message brought to you by google..

On another note..
I wonder if all mobs will have the same miniscule chance to drop X doodad? Seems slightly unfair to have a lvl 45 mob have the same chance as a lvl 4 orc. It would slant it a bit towards "newbies" getting a shot which is cool but would slant it far far more towards newly made twinks madly slaughtering everything in sight while their "wives/girlfriends" buffed the heck outta them. Probably waaay easier though to just give all mobs a .00001% chance of dropping from the special table than tiering chance based on level of critter.

Uthgaard 03-22-2011 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad_mo123 (Post 241829)
Not to talk shit or to be rude but I have had experience with all the past major GM events and they have been extremely laggy and a LOT longer than expected.

You mean the stress test in October that was done specifically to see how many people one zone could handle after the server optimizations Rogean and Haynar did? Go figure.

maverikstation 03-22-2011 06:23 AM

do we have to find by ourself where we have to begin the quest ?

Dac321 03-22-2011 11:54 AM

/dance

nilbog 03-22-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad_mo123 (Post 241829)
Not to talk shit or to be rude but I have had experience with all the past major GM events and they have been extremely laggy and a LOT longer than expected. I am expecting atleast 5hrs. Is there going to be anything done different or has then been minor preps to make this event go more smooth than the ones before it?

Yes. We made the events, so we know the issues they had. :P

'Major preps' have been made for server optimization since launch.. and has led to the non-crashing, stable server you now play on.

These factors are strongly considered when making events.

It should be a good time, and not limited to high level players (which was a concern of mine). Everyone levels 1-50 will be able to participate, and have opportunities for rewards.

Massive Marc 03-22-2011 12:20 PM

Thanks for putting together a GM event to kick off Kunark. I appreciate all the time you guys have put in for the expansion.

I would like to offer a suggestion though. I would suggest adjusting the time from 6-7pm EST to 8-9pm EST. Seeing as most people on the west coast would be getting off work at 7pm EST, I think it would be beneficial to move for a later time so all time zones can enjoy this event (except you Euro's).

All in all, great job guys. Thanks again for everything.

MM

regatta 03-22-2011 12:47 PM

This is all I gotta say about Kunark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0