Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Auto-split Rage (/forums/showthread.php?t=329764)

NachtMystium 07-11-2019 09:40 PM

Auto-split Rage

So this necro asks me to come duo bandits with him in lake rathe. I run there from Oasis, everything's good. I always have my split on out of courtesy and start looting, alternating the sashes.
I feel like something's off cause he's dead silent the whole time and seems pissed off about something, out of nowhere he gives me this wall of text about ninja looting the money and then /q'd.

I have never heard of this in my entire everquest play time. Am I missing something here?

https://i.imgur.com/TUzLE16.png

Ashintar 07-11-2019 09:46 PM

I'm not a huge fan of auto split, did you happen to notice or keep track of what your split was compared to theirs?

NachtMystium 07-11-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashintar (Post 2935143)
I'm not a huge fan of auto split, did you happen to notice or keep track of what your split was compared to theirs?

No idea.. I just did /split and went on. Never had any problems like this before. I figured it just split the difference 50/50?

Ashintar 07-11-2019 09:54 PM

Ah I assumed you had /autosplit on, not just splitting. I'd say next time just let them know up front what you're doing so that there aren't any misconceptions about your looting.

NachtMystium 07-11-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashintar (Post 2935148)
Ah I assumed you had /autosplit on, not just splitting. I'd say next time just let them know up front what you're doing so that there aren't any misconceptions about your looting.

Does auto-split not just split the loot equally? I don't understand why this would even be an issue.

I've dealt with monks who don't want it on because of weight but never because of the loot not being equally distributed.

Ashintar 07-11-2019 10:00 PM

/autosplit doesn't split equally, the looter always gets the bigger portion. For instance in a 2 man group say the mob drops 3plat 0g 0s 0c, it has been a long time but I believe how it works is that the looter will get 2p and the other group member will get 1p, the game won't break it down into 1p 5g each.

NachtMystium 07-11-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashintar (Post 2935153)
/autosplit doesn't split equally, the looter always gets the bigger portion. For instance in a 2 man group say the mob drops 3plat 0g 0s 0c, it has been a long time but I believe how it works is that the looter will get 2p and the other group member will get 1p, the game won't break it down into 1p 5g each.

Damn... I did not know that I figured I was doing a favor just looting. Welp I guess his rage was justified. Sorry Wrotten! Wish you woulda said something before quitting bro!

Expediency 07-11-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NachtMystium (Post 2935151)
Does auto-split not just split the loot equally? I don't understand why this would even be an issue.

I've dealt with monks who don't want it on because of weight but never because of the loot not being equally distributed.

I dont think it works at all, but even if it does, nobody wants your dirty coppers so they can be encumbered every 5 minutes. Even in low level zones people generally ffa corpses at their camp. as long as nobody is greedy its not worth fussing about.

NachtMystium 07-11-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expediency (Post 2935155)
I dont think it works at all, but even if it does, nobody wants your dirty coppers so they can be encumbered every 5 minutes. Even in low level zones people generally ffa corpses at their camp. as long as nobody is greedy its not worth fussing about.

Well the idea was to loot the corpses so he wouldn’t have to but I guess it didn’t work out that way lol.

Cecily 07-11-2019 10:21 PM

Oh well. Pretty much everyone you meet 1-30 is intolerable and half of the people are after that. Then you join AM and it’s back to everyone.