Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   A tale of 2 sowers (/forums/showthread.php?t=341647)

zillabunny 11-19-2019 11:55 AM

A tale of 2 sowers

Get an unrest group with a shaman... Notice the puller is moving quite slow and I've been here for 10 minutes with now sow....

I ask what's the deal and he says that he doesn't sow cause ghouls root overwrite it... I am flabbergasted a guild members said this is the 4th time he's mentioned it...

Fast forward a few hours after he leaves...

A druid joins were banging through the main rooms and she says hey guys I think ghoulbroot might overwrite sow... Let me know if it wears off! I was floored!

LiQuid 11-19-2019 01:23 PM

As someone that recently replayed those levels, let me tell you at that level SoW literally takes 20% of a shamans mana bar (at least it did for Ogre, which I assume your shm was cuz it's the only proper choice for a shaman). I was one of those "assholes" that refused to sow noobs when I hit level 9 on green because every time I entered a zone I got more /tell requests for SoW than I had mana bar to cast them, which would have been 10 minutes of just sitting to get it back.

The reason your druid was likely able to sow your team is because druids are useless and have no other helpful spells. Sowing everyone is their only duty to a group. Shaman got other things to use their mana on.

I hope I cleared up your issue

Tecmos Deception 11-19-2019 01:28 PM

What plush said except that I picked the wrong race and was too lazy to level an ogre on teal too beyond like level 3 :(

Cecily 11-19-2019 01:32 PM

Has the class elitism started already? You fucking nerds

LiQuid 11-19-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 3029812)
Has the class elitism started already? You fucking nerds

I mean, tell me where I lied

Cecily 11-19-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiQuid (Post 3029834)
I mean, tell me where I lied

Honest question: How is a low level shaman more useful than a low level druid? Is it it the 20% slow or is it the AGI buffs?

Spock2020 11-19-2019 02:42 PM

I wonder how many times the druid was ask for a ds and how many times did he use a dot and snare on the mob.

LiQuid 11-19-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 3029843)
Honest question: How is a low level shaman more useful than a low level druid? Is it it the 20% slow or is it the AGI buffs?

Spamming IF heals

Videri 11-19-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zillabunny (Post 3029732)
I ask what's the deal and he says that he doesn't sow cause ghouls root overwrite it... I am flabbergasted a guild members said this is the 4th time he's mentioned it...

A druid joins were banging through the main rooms and she says hey guys I think ghoulbroot might overwrite sow... Let me know if it wears off! I was floored!

Wait, OP, why are you flabbergasted? Are you flabbergasted that SoW classes would neglect SoWing group members because it is constantly being overwritten? That sounds reasonable, depending on the group’s collective mana regen rate versus how frequently the group fights ghouls. Or are you flabbergasted to find out that roots/snares overwrite SoW? Were you floored by the Main Room druid because he offered to refresh it if it wore off?

Tricket 11-19-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zillabunny (Post 3029732)
Get an unrest group with a shaman...

which camp? Outside no real excuse - there's only that one ghoul by the water. Upstairs in fire-pit isn't so bad except the odd Carrion Ghoul. Main Room makes sense though cause there's 3 ghouls in the room itself plus all the side rooms have a chance to spawn ghoul

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiQuid (Post 3029803)
A at that level SoW literally takes 20% of a shamans mana b

This is important - depends on group comp but chances are the shaman is dotting, healing, buffing, etc. and there's really not much running around a puller needs to do if they can solidly rotate the spawns. like 10 feet from door to camp.

not convinced the shaman is doing a bad job here