Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Hello all (/forums/showthread.php?t=315491)

yorek 01-20-2019 07:16 PM

Hello all

Greetings everyone.

My search for a game with a community has led me here. Created a high elf enchanter (the class sounded interesting and unique). I've only played for a bit and hit level 2, much of that time was spent unsuccessfully trying to find a group or struggling with
the mechanics I am unused to.

Hoping a person/guild/group is willing to partner up with me so I can get that sense of community I've been looking for! However, if people would recommend just grinding solo until I am a higher level, that's understandable as well. Anyways, I figured I would start here.

The name is "ledain" on blue server.

Thanks!

Prodigiosus 01-21-2019 09:36 AM

You can usually find a group in Crushbone or Orc Hill, but you have to get level 4-5 before you can really get in.

commongood 01-21-2019 10:04 AM

Welcome! Enchanter is a great choice as it's fantastic in both groups and as a solo class. It's not the easiest of classes though so be aware of a learning curve.

Also, EverQuest is kinda rough to crack open as a beginner. Especially purecasters are very feeble on lower levels when untwinked. But patience will be rewarded :)

In terms of finding groups I see people grouping at low levels in East/West Commonlands and as Prodigiosus said Crushbone or Orc Hill in Greater Faydark are good places to start. A good ressource, if you haven't already been there, is the wiki for project1999. Check out this guide for instance: https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie#Level_1-6

Neon Archie 01-21-2019 10:59 PM

I would just grind it out solo until 5, then start looking for groups. You are in a good area for low level groups. The game has a big learning curve, and enchanter might be a little harder than other first classes. Just ask if in OOC if you have questions, people are willing to help in game.

YendorLootmonkey 01-21-2019 11:43 PM

Hey there, if you see me in Gfay, shoot me a /tell and I can give you some buffs or other random help!

kjs86z 01-22-2019 10:36 AM

Definitely get super familiar / used to using the Wiki.

Even after a few years of playing, I almost always have the wiki open in the background.

Basically you're gonna have to melee it out until you get some spells to group with people. Stick to your home town area, move into crushbone and ask for groups. People will help you out!

If you're feeling stuck / frustrated, shoot me a PM. I'll help you out.