Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What's the deal with shcool teachers? (/forums/showthread.php?t=368112)

tsuchang 09-17-2020 10:09 PM

What's the deal with shcool teachers?

I'm 75 years old. When I was young, back in the 60s, The teachers were complaining that they didn't make enough money and wanted a pay raise.
Fast forward to just a few minutes ago, I got a phone call asking if I was going to vote for or against the raising of tax to fund a pay raise for teachers.
The folks who become teachers, went to college, knowing that they were not going to be paid a high salary. If they didn't know that, they were not smart enough to be teachers.
I have cousins who have retired from teaching, they made it their career. They went to teacher colleges got degrees and continued their education while they worked but still, they complained that they didn't make enough.
When I got out of the Air Force after 12 years, I got a job and scraped by. When a better job came along that paid more I moved to that job. I did that all my working life. If you think you aren't making enough, get a job that pays more.
If the teachers are not intelligent enough to do even that when they feel underpaid, should they be teaching?

Ravager 09-17-2020 10:23 PM

Americans are fucking idiots for this very reason. 95% of this world's problems would be solved if everyone had an education that taught them to think beyond what's in front of them. Good teachers should be millionaires. But fuck, keep America stupid. Eventually I'll abandon my moral compass and fleece the idiots.

indiscriminate_hater 09-17-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravager (Post 3183516)
taught them to think beyond what's in front of them

A lot of people can't be taught how to do that

cd288 09-17-2020 10:30 PM

I think the point is that teachers are critical. So you want to have a certain amount of pay to both keep good teachers and attract new good ones. You keep the pay shitty all you get is shitty teachers. Don’t be a dumb ass

monkeydoc 09-17-2020 10:31 PM

Why is this in RnF? Go yell at the sky in Off Topic, grandpa.

Pico 09-17-2020 11:03 PM

'why pay teachers a living salary?' asks demented old man living in the most retarded nation in history

Spergand 09-17-2020 11:27 PM

Government employees, think dmv.

But also public school is a pyramid scheme

Asteria 09-18-2020 12:21 AM

Wrong forum?

Please leave this kinda stuff in Off-topic :)

Jibartik 09-18-2020 12:30 AM

If you could actually move it straight past off topic right into the trash that'd be even better!

Nuggie 09-18-2020 12:45 AM

These problems persist due to us having an imperfect or perhaps an incomplete system. That's all.