Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Missing Spells (Green)/ Pet Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=350955)

PDX0621 02-22-2020 10:20 PM

Missing Spells (Green)/ Pet Question

So I'm fairly new to the mage class, and I was hoping ya'll could help me with a couple quick questions.

Missing Spell

According to the wiki, mages at 20 should get the "Summon Waterstone" spell. It's listed as being a classic era vendor spell. I checked both the NPC's in Erudin and Neriak who are listed as selling it, but I'm not seeing it. Was this implemented later on in the timeline?

Pet Question

I'm seeing 2 different messages on the pet guide, and I'm wondering what they're referring to. That would be Dual Wield with Weapons @ Pet level 20 and Innate Dual Wield on the higher level pets. My pets have been able to dual wield weapons since level 12 I believe. What are these two things mean?

Any clarification would be great!

Balimon 02-23-2020 02:10 AM

Summon waterstone isn't added until later. I think were a few months away from it still. As for dual wield the wiki is correct. They can dual wield if you give them weapons with the highest level summoned pet at level 20 and they gain innate dual wield at 44 with all levels and I believe the max level 39 pet also has innate dual wield.

You can give your pet two weapons before 20 but they can't use the offhand until 20.

Scoojitsu 02-23-2020 12:58 PM

Try giving it two different weapons. Like a sword (slash) and a mace (crush). Or dagger (pierce). Then you'll see if it uses both or not.

Frug 02-28-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDX0621 (Post 3089253)
Pet Question

I'm seeing 2 different messages on the pet guide, and I'm wondering what they're referring to. That would be Dual Wield with Weapons @ Pet level 20 and Innate Dual Wield on the higher level pets. My pets have been able to dual wield weapons since level 12 I believe. What are these two things mean?

Any clarification would be great!

They can *HOLD* 2 weapons way earlier than they can use them. There's 3 states:
* Hold 0, 1, 2 weapons, will single wield regardless.
* Hold 0, 1, 2 weapons, single wield if they have 0 or 1 weapon, DW if they have 2
* Hold 0, 1, or 2 weapons, will DW regardless.