Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   P99 Record: Fastest Level 1-50 (Video) (/forums/showthread.php?t=374910)

Castle2.0 12-24-2020 01:18 PM

P99 Record: Fastest Level 1-50 (Video)

Record Time: 3 hours, 13 minutes, 52 seconds
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw5PXM9VsPA

Raw footage, no edits, no music, just proof

Q&A
  • Q: How many scrolls did you turn in and how many do you have left?
  • A: 1,729 and 618, respectively
  • Q: If you turned them all in what level would you get?
  • A: 53
  • Q: Why did you do this?
  • A: I like seeing how things work and what is possible. I've set some records and done some fun stuff like being #1 DPS in Vanilla era on Green, getting the first Priest of Discord solo kill on Green, and inventing the Manadance™. I wanted to do the fastest 1-60. Due to change in scroll exp and the amount of exp needed at 53+ being shown to be incorrect, that wasn't possible with the quest exp items I gathered. Business has been busy so I decided to go for 1-50. I did it to set a speed record. Not to be the most efficient, get a yellow text or whatever. If you understand that, the run makes sense.
  • Q: What about your skills?
  • A: Most spell casting skills are maxed now. Melee skills are over 100. It doesn't take as long as people think, and a shaman with high ac, fungus tunic, regen, and slow can easily facetank Ice Giants at 50 with 0 defense to get your defense up.
  • Q: How long did it take you to buy/camp all those scrolls? Should you add this to your time?
  • A: Longer than it takes a drag racing car to fuel up before a race, but less time than it took Usain Bolt to train to run his world record 100M dash. No.
  • Q: What about people that can do 1-50 in a day or two? That's not much slower.
  • A: As a fast but nowhere close to Olympic material sprinter, I ran an 11.7s 100m in high school. Usain Bolt's world is only 18% faster than mine. Let that soak in. The gap from one level to the next is exponential 10s and 9.58s is a world away. 11s and 9.58s is a universe away.
  • Q: Do you think your record will be broken?
  • A: It's possible, but unlikely. My strategy and our execution could both be improved on for sure, but only minimally. I would be happy for someone to do it and stretch our minds even more on what's possible.
  • Q: How did you keep track of everything?
  • A: Google sheets with multiple tabs. With almost 700 mules, I needed to know the name, location, and scroll inventory of every mule. I needed to calculate exp based on race/class modifiers and the base exp table. This would be an entirely new thread if I exhaustively shared this information.
  • Q: Did you learn anything or have any insights to share?
  • A: I learned some excel/google sheets tricks. I became better at logistics. I certainly grew in my patience and perseverance. It was an incredible, but challenging experience. I'd put it up there with my training for and competing in a 100km trail race and reading a nearly, 2,000 page book for a certification. My insight is that any goal is achievable if you break it down and press on with resolve. I also learned a few EQ tricks. One I call the "corpse centipede." I'll have to share that in another thread some day.
  • Q: You're on Norrathian television and all elven eyes are on you. Is there anything else you want to say to the people watching at home?
  • A: Stretch your mind. Stretch your will. Set crazy goals and go after them. Read the Slight Edge by Jeff Olson. Read Scroll #3 from the book The Greatest Salesman in the World.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

uygi 12-24-2020 01:25 PM

All that... for an ogre shaman. You could've turned them in in real time instead of corpsing them for 6-8 weeks.

Reroll iksar IMO.

HalflingSpergand 12-24-2020 01:55 PM

Nice exploit

Grats bud, u needed this

OuterChimp 12-24-2020 02:02 PM

Good job mah dude. No way am I watching a 3 hours video. Git gud and do it in under 5 minutes next time and I'll watch it!

Caroll 12-24-2020 02:09 PM

This isn't a record. Not even close.

madgarin 12-24-2020 02:10 PM

Now add in all the time spend gathering, corpsing, and organizing, then you will have the true leveling time. Not including this negates any attempt to claim a record.

Castle2.0 12-24-2020 02:13 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback folks.

Caroll, if you believe a faster 1-50 time on P99 exists, feel free to share a link to the proof ;)

Madgarin
Quote:

Q: How long did it take you to buy/camp all those scrolls? Should you add this to your time?
A: Longer than it takes a drag racing car to fuel up before a race, but less time than it took Usain Bolt to train to run his world record 100M dash. No.

madgarin 12-24-2020 02:18 PM

Your claim of the record is like an author claiming it took 2 hours to write a novel. Yes, typing it out may have taken 2 hours, but the revisions, rewrites, and outlining occupied years in many cases. Sorry your record claim is invalid. Happy holidays.

magnetaress 12-24-2020 02:19 PM

Nice minmap.

Also can you please brighten the video?

WHo logged in the mules??? and were you boxing?

700 mules wouldn't have happened in 1999, how did you get that many email addresses and why weren't they banned when the project suddenly inflated 700 characters scrollmuleone scrollmuletwo?

Music would have been nice.

Castle2.0 12-24-2020 02:23 PM

Mad Gary,

I'll make sure to include the time it took me to install EQ too. But I may as well include a decade or so for accumulation of game knowledge time.

You're right, Usain Bolt's 9.58s is not legit. He pretty much started in 1986. Cheater.

Can you please provide me your official email at the Elven Record Governing Board to submit my new time for your official approval?