Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Why do so many people solo on P99? (/forums/showthread.php?t=399899)

long.liam 02-28-2022 04:10 AM

Why do so many people solo on P99?

This is a Massively Mulitplayer Online Role Playing. Why would spend a significant amount of time playing Muliplayer game all by yourself. If you want to play by yourself, why not just play a Single Player game? Like Skyrim, or Morrowind, or really any single player modern, or old game that will have a much better Single Player experience than a Mulitplayer game.

supercalif 02-28-2022 08:09 AM

The biggest difference is that many of us have families, kids, jobs and other responsibilities that prevent long gaming sessions that are required to find a good group to play with. Sometimes it’s just easier to solo for less than an hour or two.

Ennewi 02-28-2022 08:12 AM

For similar reasons that people wanted a co-op version of TES:V—it's a different way of experiencing the virtual world which allows the player to better appreciate what they otherwise might not. But forget that EQ's multiplayer, how many of the players actually roleplay? Some even treat it as seriously as a job.

It's just a very human trait, using things in unintended ways. How many potheads in high school did you know who used those plastic honey bear container as makeshift bongs? That's one example. Another would be hearses...originally built to account for the length of coffins, but some guys from Chula Vista I used to know would buy used/rent new hearses and load all of their surf boards inside, then drive to the nearest beach that wasn't already crowded.

Old_PVP 02-28-2022 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercalif (Post 3428864)
The biggest difference is that many of us have families, kids, jobs and other responsibilities that prevent long gaming sessions that are required to find a good group to play with. Sometimes it’s just easier to solo for less than an hour or two.

Pretty much this. Don't know about everyone else, but I'm not 15 anymore. Full time job & family. I'm unreliable in groups and may have to log at a moments notice. It is fun to still play a multi-player game though cause I can still have an impact on the server.

starkind 02-28-2022 09:43 AM

Psychology.

I would say there is a narcissistic element.
And an anxiety element.

Ennewi 02-28-2022 09:58 AM

That josh strife hays video really did convince a lot of people of a partial truth being the whole truth.

Chortles Snortles 02-28-2022 10:19 AM

https://i.imgur.com/yTfjckT.jpg

Grumph 02-28-2022 10:21 AM

No one plays solo for raid mobs.

If you want to do things together with other people?

Join a raid guild.

Arvan 02-28-2022 10:39 AM

Antisocial?

wuanahto 02-28-2022 10:58 AM

Being nice is a skill we just dont have anymore because this game came out like 30 years ago and we are all 70 or so and its just too late for us and considering we dont know any better we just stick with what we know.
and what we know is getting tribal as fuck on an island whenever someone gets too close to our giant