Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Zone suggestions for Power Level (1-20) in low-pop zones (/forums/showthread.php?t=308723)

stebbins99 10-11-2018 10:15 AM

Zone suggestions for Power Level (1-20) in low-pop zones

Hello everyone,

Duo of a lvl 40 Monk/Shaman is seeking low-key zone suggestions for powerlevelling our friend. Hoping to get our friend to level 20-ish so that he can group up with our various alts.

Thing is, we'll feel like jerks doing this for several hours in a populated zone. Any suggestions for low-population zones that could cover this level range? For instance, is Kerra Isle an option?

Befallen (despite the ZEM) is simply off the table after how many times we've had to vacate during our lower lvls due to PLer's; maybe we just had bad luck. I've even seen enough action in the Warrens lately that I'm hesitant to suggest that zone.

Would welcome any suggestions!

PS - PL approach is for Sham to heal/buff/round up mobs, Monk beats them up to about 5% + FDs allowing our buddy to get full EXP.

Dolalin 10-11-2018 10:29 AM

You can try kaesora. It's a high ZEM zone and almost always empty.

Also SolA Goblins / Gnomes. High ZEM there too. But more often camped than Kaesora.

pijan 10-11-2018 10:42 AM

Cavern below kurns is great and I rarely saw people down there.

Zipity 10-11-2018 10:51 AM

1-20 warrens is good
1-15 unrest yard is good
1-20 Kerra island
1-25 lake of I’ll omen has a plethora of mobs
1-20 Kurns
Highpass orcs is like 8-9 orcs every 5mins + scalps for exp
Upper Guk ** usually empty enough for a powerlvl and you could easily go 1-30 here** this would be the first place I looked

You may be able to get away with SolA if monk and shaman are geared

PLing a low lvl in kaesora at lvl 40 wouldn’t be efficient

stebbins99 10-11-2018 12:01 PM

Thank you everyone for the detailed info! I also did not think Kaesora would work (hell, it's still a bit scary for us to exp in at lvl 40) but love all of these other suggestions

Zipity 10-11-2018 12:05 PM

Yea man - honestly go to upper Guk and just have the low lvl follow the monk around and clean up it has one of the two highest ZEMs in the game could also look into a https://wiki.project1999.com/Brazier...ntal_Summoning and give the pet like a runed frost blade + torch for some hits in the 70s lol

Menden 10-11-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Thing is, we'll feel like jerks doing this for several hours in a populated zone. Any suggestions for low-population zones that could cover this level range? For instance, is Kerra Isle an option?
Thanks for caring, really.

Many folks think it's ok to PL during peak times in zones like CB or Kurns. I'd ignore the draw to hit zones with a good ZEM since those are usually pretty populated. Instead I would try less popular zones like Steamfont, SRO, NRO, Lava ect. Just be aware of newbies trying to level the ALS way. :)

stebbins99 10-11-2018 01:22 PM

Hey Menden, you know it! Our goal is to level our buddy up in a manner that doesn't inconvenience or irritate other players. We've certainly been on the losing end of that stick on our Monk/Sham, especially as newbs. Thank you for the additional input!

Zipity, I've read about those crazy Braziers and we honestly might just try one if our buddy can commit to a session of 4-5 hours. Even though my monk is literally using this same weapon, I've read that giving the Brazier pet a Wu's Quivering Staff is a great way to maximize the pet's DPS/usefulness (for minimal plat).

Legidias 10-11-2018 03:49 PM

Ive always used Kerra Island

stebbins99 10-11-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legidias (Post 2791552)
Ive always used Kerra Island

Ok nice! I've only been there once, it totally strikes me as the epitome of a low-population/underutilized zone.

Do you have a minimum level recommendation before bringing him out there? (ie have you brought level 1's out there? didn't know if we should get him to lvl 5 first or something). Basically we need to make sure he's able to "land a hit" on the mobs after I get 'em down to 5% and flop