Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Missing Models and Stuck Characters in Crashed Zones (/forums/showthread.php?t=379552)

Kalgert 03-01-2021 05:05 AM

Missing Models and Stuck Characters in Crashed Zones

So I have been experiencing something for the past month or so that has reached its climax, which means me writing a thread about it.

So, first item: Items having missing models. What do I mean by this? Simply put, in the inventory there are some items that have no model, from the top of my head I recall helmets, bracers, spell scrolls among other things. This came on rather suddenly and I wasn't sure what the problem was for this, but I didn't think it was too big a deal. Annoying for sure but manageable.

Then what happened just last night, is that I was exploring with my High Elf and stumbled in to Steamfont Mountain, and then the client crashed. I try to log in again and the same happens. My character is currently stuck there and I am not sure how to get him out of there.

What could the problem be? Is my client out of date? If so, how do I go about updating it? Are files on my end busted? Does this mean I'll need to reinstall the Titanium? If so, then wish this Half-Elf Bard good fortune as he'll need to go on quite the search.

Some insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

mcoy 03-01-2021 05:22 AM

Based on your description of multiple missing models, yeah a reinstall of Titanium sounds appropriate. You can try just re-applying the patch first though:

https://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files53.zip

Linking to Titanium downloads is verboten, but if you check youtube for "4 steps to get started on project 1999" you may find some answers.

Good luck!

-Mcoy

Kalgert 03-01-2021 06:30 AM

Okay, it seems to be all fine now. Now to get my High Elf out of Lesser Faydark... Soon as I get my corpse out of there as I got lost and got beaten to death by a mummy :p